Sit up and scan is best for majority of riders, argues Sanders
eCommerce Digital Content Administrator
Job DetailsBack to list
|Position:||eCommerce Digital Content Administrator|
|Category:||E-Commerce & Online|
|Date posted:||Tuesday, April 11th 2017|
Content Management / Onsite Merchandising / Social Media Content / Product Embellishment / Promotional Planning / CMS / Copy Writing / Magento / Photoshop/ eMail Marketing
Madison, the UK’s leading distributor of Bicycles, Parts and Accessories, require a talented eCommerce Digital Content Administrator.
The successful candidate will be working as part of the in-house digital team, providing detailed product content and merchandising support for the company’s eCommerce platforms (B2B/B2C).
This varied role will support the day to day website operations and will include; managing product listings, on-site merchandising and promotions, copy and image updates, reporting, troubleshooting and more.
In short we require a bright team player who has the ability to deliver detailed product content across various Brand Categories associated with the business.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with a passion for cycling.
Working in the Milton Keynes Head Office, the eCommerce Digital Content Administrator plans, creates and uploads compelling product content for consumer and trade facing digital channels.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Manage and maintain product and category content
- Ensure that all site content (product/category/brand/company pages) meet the latest SEO guidelines
- Manage promotional calendar to plan and deliver tactical product offers to achieve maximum revenue growth and support business objectives
- Maintain and add metadata, page titles etc. in line with search engine guidelines
- Carry out keyword research, trends and insights to support organic search
- Work with IT Team to ensure core product data is up to date and formatted correctly
- Plan, manage and collaborate with internal departments and suppliers to deliver
- effective product introductions, ranging and promotions
- Communicate product and category USPs to customers through the creation of customer-centric, engaging copy and messaging
- Provide copy and assets for 3rd Party Digital Channels as and when required
- Updating websites with new products, creating new product descriptions, working with visual merchandising tools, adding images and adjusting layout
- Remove discontinued products, update descriptions and ensure pricing and offers
- are correct
- Maintaining Brand Values and Brand tone of voice
Job Experience and Competence Requirements
The eCommerce Digital Content Administrator should ideally have previous digital content experience, preferably gained within an FMCG or mail order environment and will need to demonstrate knowledge of the following:
- Working with CMS driven eCommerce platforms
- The ability to understand and interpret commercial objectives
- Can understand and create dynamic contextual content
- Creative copy writing
- SEO data structure
- Blog Management
- The ability to interpret and respond to Web Analytics data and other KPI’s
- Experience of using Magento or similar eCommerce CMS
- Retail experience and/or eCommerce experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of basic HTML / CSS, understanding (preferred)
- Image Editing (Adobe Photoshop or similar)
- Experience with Google Tag Manager (GTM) and eCommerce Analytics
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) basics for eCommerce
- Social Media channel content creation
For this role it is essential that candidates have previous experience of working in the digital industry on web related content.
Ideally, experience of Microsoft packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), basic HTML, Google Analytics and Adobe Creative Suite packages are preferable.
It is also desirable for to have worked with CMS eCommerce platforms such as Magento. Candidates should also be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills,together with the ability to work accurately and confidently to meet deadlines.
- Upwards of 12 months’ commercial Digital Marketing experience in eCommerce Content Writing
- The ability to think creatively and communicate ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Passionate, innovative, driven and capable self-starter
- Excellent attention to detail
- Creative, innovative and energetic team worker
- It is essential that you have an excellent grasp of the English language, preferably with formal experience of copywriting
Candidates should have a degree related to Digital Marketing or similar. Specifically, subjects focused on marketing, media, and content management is most suitable to this role.
- BTEC National Diploma in Art and Design (Multimedia), Computer Studies
- Journalism, Media and English Literature degree or similar
This permanent role will be located in the Milton Keynes Head Office. The candidate should be passionate about their work and enjoy working in an open, fun and dynamic team.