Job DetailsBack to list
|Date posted:||Wednesday, February 15th 2017|
Moore Large has a vacancy within their marketing department for an Events Coordinator who will take ownership of each of the distributor's events. Carefully planned to promote the companies vast range of cycle and accessory brands, these events could be anything from shows and exhibitions, to races or demo days, and in-house shows or training seminars.
The Events Coordinator will be confident in selling and promoting products to customers, possessing natural charm and finesse. They will be highly organised, with an understanding or marketing and social media. They will possess a willingness to learn, able to gain in-depth knowledge of the distributors' portfolio of products as well as an understanding of the industry and market trends. Bicycle mechanical skills would be advantageous, but not essential.
The role is designed to operate a Thursday to Monday working week during the peak events season (typically March – September), and then Monday to Friday on weeks where there are no events taking place at the weekend. The successful candidate will be friendly and enthusiastic, plus happy to travel and work unsocial hours, including overnight stays to meet the demands of this varied and exciting job role.
- Event organisation and planning.
- On-site management of events, ensuring they run smoothly, efficiently and on schedule.
- Administration and communication of the events calendar, including staff availability and rotas.
- Effective communication of event details with employees pre-event.
- Analyse success of events.
- Dealing with enquiries at events and promoting or selling a select range of products/brands.
- Sourcing event display materials and promotional merchandise.
- Cataloguing and maintaining event items.
- Developing ideas for event and product displays.
- Management of the demo bike fleet.
- Arranging logistics, travel and accommodation for events.
- Cataloguing work, event images, media packs and relevant documents using a logical system on the server.
- Production of quality events related content for social media, in the right tone for the audience.
- Contributing to the blog section of websites, with relevant event content.
- Creation of event risk assessments.
- Building relationships with suppliers, external agencies and press.
A full UK driving license is required. This is a full-time permanent position.