R-evolution Cycle Project Manager
Job DetailsBack to list
|Position:||R-evolution Cycle Project Manager|
|Date posted:||Thursday, March 16th 2017|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone with experience of working with the refurbishment of cycles. R-evolution are starting a new project aimed at promoting cycling, setting up bike libraries, training people in bike mechanics, upskilling and helping people into work.
R-evolution is a new and rapidly expanding charity and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work as part of a developing team from the start of this exciting project. R-evolution have established bike supply routes and currently run 10 bike libraries in the Hull and East Yorkshire. This post will enable skills development and potential role expansion opportunities.
Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years experience in the cycle industry and a keen interest in bikes.
Salary circa £22,000
Hull and surrounding areas
37 hours per week.
Travel expenses paid at 45p/mile (in excess of standard commuting from usual place of work).
Payment will be made on a monthly basis.
Line manager – Chief Executive
- Co-ordinating bike libraries including, liaison with the schools and employers, maintaining the stock and ensuring paperwork is complete, circulated and stored appropriately.
- Organising bike amnesties and co-ordinating the supply of bikes.
- Transporting bikes and co-ordinating volunteers to do the same.
- Maintaining systems to ensure a high quality of repair for bikes which are fit for purpose and safe when leaving the workshop.
- Ensuring appropriate checks are made on bikes on site to ensure quality is upheld.
- Checking and servicing bikes on site and conducting minor adjustments.
- Ensuring that all necessary paperwork is complete including quality system forms, bike tracking and relevant financial information (ie receipts, payments etc).
- Assisting at events through promoting cycling, walking and the charity, providing servicing and repairs and selling bikes.
- Development of the workshop including general operation and teaching participants.
- Ensuring that R-evolution activity at the workshop and other cycle related bases is safe, with appropriate risk assessments and systems in place.
- Providing information and expertise for reports.
- Sourcing suitable suppliers for tools and equipment.
- Maintaining sound relationships with partner community organisations and market stall holders.
- Supporting volunteers working on the bike project.
- Training members of the public in basic cycle maintenance.
- Organising and attending cycling and walking roadshow events in the community to promote physical activity and liaise with members of the public.
Working hours will be Monday to Thursday 8.45 to 4.45, and Friday 8.45 to 4.15 (Includes ½ hour lunch break).
From time to time these core hours may vary with agreement, and a flexitime sheet will be employed to record the change of hours. Weekend working may also be necessary from time to time.
R-evolution is small and developing rapidly. It is therefore important that the person in this role exhibits, a ‘flexible, can do approach’ to hours worked and additional duties and responsibilities. This may include from time to time covering for the CEO.
This post has an annual leave allowance of 5 weeks in additional to normal bank holidays.
We are looking for the following from the successful candidate:
- 3 years experience as a cycle mechanic
- Customer service skills
- Full driving licence
- Organisational skills
- Sound communication skills
- The ability to train members of the public in cycle mechanics
- A willingness to work with ex-offenders and long-term unemployed
- A flexible ‘can do attitude’
- An ability to cope with high workloads
- This role is physically demanding and it is essential the post holder has a good level of fitness and a sound work ethic
- Computer skills
- Experience of delivering training
- Teaching qualification
- Project management experience
- Level 3 English and maths
- Staff/volunteer management
- Health and Safety qualification
Please apply by CV and covering letter to John Marshall MBE at John@r-evolution.org.uk
Closing Date - 7th April 2017.