Last weekend saw 4,000 visitors head to the three-day UK Handmade Bicycle Show, Bespoked Bristol 2012.
The organisers have sent us a batch of photos from the event, which we’ve stowed on the BikeBiz Facebook page. To view the Bespoked Bristol 2012 gallery, head to our Facebook page and click ‘Like’. If you are already a fan of BikeBiz on Facebook then you can view the gallery directly here. Feel free to leave a comment.
A variety of prizes were granted to the best frames on display:
- Best of Show – sponsored by Reynolds – Robin Mather ‘Camponneur’
- Best Road Bicycle – sponsored by Reynolds – Ricky Feather ‘Rapha’
- Best Track Bicycle – sponsored by Brooks – Demon Frameworks ‘Hermes’
- Best Utility Bicycle – sponsored by Brooks – Mercian Cycles ‘Jane’s Bike’
- Best Off Road – sponsored by Hope – Crisp ‘Il Capo’
- Best New Builder – sponsored by Columbus and Ceeway – Matthew Wilkinson ‘Mixed Gear’
- ‘Touring/Randonneur’ category awarded to Roberts ‘Rough Stuff’ and Winter Bicycles ‘Wanderer’
- Spirit of Cycling Tim March
- Plus ‘Public Vote’ for Best In Show – Robin Mather
The organisers said: "The people queuing were not to be disappointed as the bicycles on display were truly breathtaking and some frames had only been finished in the early hours – more than one frame builder hadn’t slept much in the week preceding the show.
"The atmosphere inside was not that of a trade show but rather a party where old friends had been reunited. A family event where non-cyclists were able to admire the level of craftsmanship on show."
The dates for the 2013 show have been set for the celebration of handmade bicycles. Bespoked Bristol 2013 will run from April 12th to 14th.
Pictured: Best Touring – Winter Bicycles – Eric Estlund