A new limited run Brompton Nickel Edition has launched alongside a Stardust Black paint finish. With the Raw Lacquer, they make up the folding bike brand’s most premium offerings yet.
The Nickel Edition has a production run of 1,500 – the bikes will be sequentially numbered. It is made from polished 50 micron high-phosphorus electroless nickel plating featuring exceptional anti-corrosion resistance, normally reserved – we’re told – for mining and deep-sea drilling equipment, sporting a ‘striking finish’.
The Nickel Edition will incorporate Black components which include black wheel rims, spokes and seat post. The bike will be available with an S, M or H Type handlebar, 2 or 6 speed. It is available in all steel with Black extremities or as a superlight option with titanium fork and rear frame. RRP will be between £1,310 and £1,538 (a Superlight Nickel Edition will be available in the UK RRP between £1,855 and £2,158).
The new Stardust Black paint finish uses tiny metallic flakes that promise to "glimmer like city lights at night". This new paint finish is applied to the entire frame and has a gloss finish.
“Ever since we launched Raw Lacquer 11 years ago it has often been requested we produce more premium finishes," said Brompton CMO Stephen Loftus. "Through a great deal of work from the design and engineering department we are delighted to be introducing our unique Nickel Edition bike and fun Stardust black finish, which we believe will continue to broaden the appeal of our bikes and attract new people to Brompton.”
There’s also a new luggage range from the firm, with 16 new styles added to the range. Details as follows:
- Shoulder Bag, available in Yellow Canvas with Leather Trim – £90
- Shoulder Bag, available in Black Canvas and Leather Trim – £90
- Roll Top Bag, available in Khaki Canvas and Leather Trim – £100
- Roll Top Bag, available in Black/Lime Green Trim – £80
- Cotton Tote Bag – £55
- Leather Tote Bag, available in Cherry Blossom and Turkish Green – £75
- Game Bag, available in Storm Grey Harris Tweed and Waxed Cotton Canvas – £295
- Saddle Pouch, available in Black, Black/Berry Crush, Lime Green/Lagoon Blue, Lagoon Blue/Lime Green, Black/Grey, Khaki Canvas, Cherry Blossom and Turkish Green – £15 – £20
- O Bag, available in Black, Black/White, Black/Lagoon Blue and Black/Orange – £200
- Mini O Bag, available in Black, Reflective Black, Black/Berry Crush, and Black/Lime Green – £90
- C Bag, available in Black, Black/Lagoon Blue and Black/Berry Crush Trim – £105
- S Bag, available in Black, Black/Lagoon Blue and Black/Lime Green – £105
- T Bag – £105
- Rack Sack – £70
- Basket Bag – £60
- Cover and Saddle Bag – £25
- B Bag – £140