The first All Ability and All Inclusive Cycling Networking Conference is set to take place in Newquay later this month.
A range of speakers and delegates from across the cycle world are set to attend including Wheels for Wellbeing, Quest 88, Pedal Power from Carfiff, and many more including representatives from the CTC and British Cycling.
The event, hosted by CycleAbility and Cornwall Sports Partnership, will run on Friday April 27th at the Newquay Sports Centre, Cornwall.
The organiser said: "All across the UK, there are many people who deal with dehabilitating problems of various sorts ranging from mental health issues and learning difficulties to physical disabilities. But they should never be excluded, rather encouraged to participate and that is what we are aiming for here... Cycling not only improves one’s health but also gives participants that all important sense of inclusion."
The guest list includes:
- Chrissy Nelson, foster carer and author of 'Eagle Doctor'
- Martin Symonds of 'Being Martin' fame who relies heavily on his Boma
- Emma Downey who delivers Bikeability in Bristol to all inclusive groups and is one of the co-authors of the DfT's Good Practice Guide for Disability Cycle Training
- Expedition cyclist Graeme Wilgress, who recently cycled 4,000 miles for Round Britain Ride 2 Recovery
- Tim Morgan at Mountain Trike, which began life as a university engineering project to give wheelchair users a new kind of wheelchair-come-handbike which he and Ed will be bringing with them for delegates to try out.
- Quest 88 will bring their bikes for the delegates to try out.
- Guest will also include those involved with 'Wheels for Wellbeing', a well established and successful club in the London area, Pedal Power from Cardiff and BikeAbility Wales from Swansea
- Tom Pales of Freetrike (aka 'Freedom to Challenge Disability through Cycling') and Wanda Summers, of Live Without Limits Personal Training
- Mike Grisenthwaite at Cyclists fighting
There's much more information on the event at the official site.