GoPro's new Hero3+ cameras are 20 per cent smaller and lighter with a 30 per cent better battery life than previous models.
Other principal upgrades include an improved lens and new video capture modes, amounting to what the company says is the most advanced and easy-to-use GoPro, yet. In addition, the brand has unveiled new mounting accessories.
There are two versions of the GoPro HERO3+
The HERO3+ Black Edition:
- New housing yields a 20 per cent smaller and lighter overall package when camera is installed in housing (waterproof to 40m)
- 30 per cent longer battery life
- 4x faster Wi-Fi for quicker transfer and playback of photos and videos from the HERO3+ camera to the mobile device when using the GoPro App
- SuperView is a new video mode that captures "the world’s most immersive wide-angle perspective"
- Auto Low Light mode intelligently adjusts frame rate for varying lighting conditions
- A new lens for sharper video and improved image quality
The HERO3+ Silver Edition
- 2x faster image processor than the HERO3: Silver Edition
- Enables 1080p60 and 720p120 fps video
- Innovative new housing yields a 15 per cent smaller and lighter overall package when camera is installed in housing (waterproof to 40m)
- 4x faster Wi-Fi for quicker transfer and playback of photos and videos from your HERO3+ camera to your mobile device when using the GoPro App
“The HERO3+ illustrates GoPro’s commitment to innovation," said Nicholas Woodman, founder and CEO of GoPro. "We took the world’s best-selling ultra compact camera and made it better because we’re relentless in our pursuit of delivering the best possible user experience to our customers. We saw that we could make the HERO3+ significantly smaller and lighter while at the same time increasing battery life 30 per cent. We saw the opportunity to design a sharper lens, so we did it–improving GoPro’s already highly regarded image quality. And we thought up exciting new features like SuperView, which enables the world’s most immersive wide-angle video. These are all features that we as passionate GoPro users want for ourselves, and we’re excited to share them with our customers around the world."
According to the brand, an average of three GoPro tagged videos are uploaded to YouTube every minute and GoPro is used by leading production companies.
Go Pro has several new mounts to offer:
- Jaws: Flex Clamp – A quick way to clamp the camera to a variety of objects. Use the optional opposable neck to achieve a wide range of camera positioning and adjustability. Jaws securely grips irregular shapes and super slim objects thanks to its innovative design.
- Junior Chesty (Chest Harness) – A smaller version of the adult-sized Chest Harness. Pitched as perfect for kids aged over three, the Junior Chest Harness can capture footage of a child’s world from their perspective.
- Head Strap & QuickClip – The QuickClip is a new accessory that now comes bundled with GoPro’s Head Strap. The QuickClip enables ultra-compact, low-profile mounting to baseball hats, belts and other objects ranging in thickness from 3mm to 10mm.
There's a showreel for the new editions (featuring lions!) here: