Due in stock with Fisher Outdoors from April, SRAM has today released the details of its 7-speed XO1 downhill components.
Borrowing technology from XX1 and the 11-speed version of X01, the downhill group is made up of a seven-speed cassette, mounting to the XD Driver Body freehub, and seven-speed rear derailleur and shifter. SRAM's unchanged XX1 chain is recommended.
The cassette includes a chain barrier on the back cog to stop it dropping into the spokes. The sprocket sizes are 10-12-14-16-18-21-24 and the cassette is said to be the lightest available. What's more, the system will be compatible with any wheels that can fit the XD driver body.
SRAM X01 DH 7-Speed Overview
- High performance shifting engineered for DH bikes
- Optimized gearing for DH
- Lightest crank, lightest cassette, lightest shifter, lightest group
- Better overall system durability
- All X0 DH cranks get upgraded to X01 DH cranks with X-SYNC™ rings
- Based on our SRAM 1X™ philosophy of a dedicated system, X-SYNC™, X-HORIZON™, X-ACTUATION™
- 10-tooth cog allows smaller chain rings for more ground clearance