The Tour of Britain, alongside the Prostate Cancer Charity, is offering a number of 'money can't buy' prizes to fundraisers who reach plateaus the fastest.
All fundraising participants in the Prostrate Cancer Charity Tour Ride on Saturday 6 September will be eligable for the following rewards:
• For raising £250 - receive a Unite ByCycling water bottle and the first 80 will receive VIP start ahead of the peloton
• For raising £500 - a n official race Blue Jersey
• First person to raise £1000 will win hospitality for to people at a Tour of Britain leg of their choice and a signed Leaders' jersey
• Top fundraising individual will win a top of the range road bike
• Top fundraising team will win hospitality at a Tour of Britain leg of their choice and two places in a race car
The 1000th person to register for the event will receive an opportunity to ride in The Tour of Britain race car at a stage of their choice, VIP hospitality, as well as an official race jersey.
“When we planned The Tour Rides, our aim was to offer all participants the full experience of what it would be like to take part in a stage of The Tour of Britain,” said Graham Jones, ex Tour de France rider and route director of The Tour of Britain.
“Today we are taking this one step further by giving riders the opportunity to experience The Tour of Britain in a way that no amount of money can buy, with jerseys, VIP hospitality and travel in an official race car during The Tour of Britain event.”
The Tour of Britain Official Neutral Service Provider, Saddleback, is also offering all participants in the Tour Ride a free SRAM Rival rear derailleur with the purchase of a SRAM Rival DoubleTap Shifters