Thirsk-based distributor Zyro was officially established fifteen years ago today.
The firm, which picked up a BikeBiz Award last year, currently distributes 27 cycling brands – including own brands like Altura, Bodyfit and Tortec.
”It’s remarkable to look back at how much we have achieved in 15 years," commented Julie Ellison, Operations Director.
"It has flown by and in that time we have seen three sites, and a new much larger purpose-built site is now in the planning. We have a 105 strong team now and 27 brands. Wow, when you look back six people, one office and a lot of very hard work, time really has flown.”
You can read the BikeBiz interview with some of the key personnel at the firm here.
- Based Hookstone Park, Harrogate
- Brands: Cateye, Panaracer, MKS and Minoura
- Moved to Roecliffe, Boroughbridge
- New Own-Brand: Altura was born
- New Brands: Abus, CamelBak and White Lightning
- New Brands: PowerBar and Tortec
- New Brands: Genuine Innovations and Bodyfit
- New Zyro HQ built at Thirsk, opening same year
- New Brand: Fenwicks
- New Brand: Grangers
- New Brands: Ashima, Prologo, Zefal and Rixen-Kaul
- Sponsorship of Altura Trail, Whinlatter
- Bike Biz Award, Best P&A Distributor
- New Brands: Dahon, BionX, Izumi, IRD and Soma