Manufacturer Dawes Cycles is offering customers free insurance with the purchase of its touring, sportif and tandem bicycles.
According to Dawes, the move is a new concept for the trade, aiming to bolster ‘Touring Specialist’ retailers and encouraging customers to sign up for comprehensive insurance for their new or existing bicycles, whatever the brand.
The free third party cycle insurances comes courtesy of the Environmental Transport Agency and is worth at least £25.
Dawes sales director Julie Hayward said: “We have teamed up with the ETA as we believe the package they offer is one of the best currently on the market.”
The insurance offer is also expected to provide further opportunities for retailers, including the liklihood that should a customer have to replace their cycle through theft, the retailer is likely to be the first point of contact.
The insurance package includes:
• New for old replacement – Covers for theft, accidental damage and vandalism. (Race cover included).
• Replacement cycle – Cycle hire with up to £250 to spend on a hire bike following an approved claim should the bike be stolen or damaged.
• Free Cycle Rescue worth £35 – A unique breakdown service for cyclists.
• ‘Get you home’ cover – Will pay for a taxi if your bike gets stolen or damaged.
• Personal accident cover up to £20,000 – Compensation should you seriously injure yourself whilst cycling.
• Third Party insurance up to £1 million.
• Worldwide cover – Your bike is covered for theft or damage anywhere in the world. 90 days European cover and 60 days Worldwide cover.
• Up to 40 per cent no claims discount
• Folding bikes automatically receive a 40% discount off the standard premium.
For more details contact Dawes on 0121 748 8050.