The fourth edition of Asia Bike took place in Nanjing, China earlier this month, breaking its own visitor and exhibitor totals.
Here are some key statistics:
- 487 brands participated in the sport and luxury bikes-focused show, a 24 increase over 2013's Asia Bike.
- 15,726 visitors (including 8,812 industry visitors) attended. 2013 saw 11,674 visitors.
- 82 per cent of exhibitors came from abroad
- Show space increased 36 per cent to 38,000 square metres.
- Asia Bike will run from October 9th to 12th in 2015. Demo Day will be held on October 8th 2015.
"The asia bike has grown not only in terms of quantity, but especially in terms of quality," said Eurobike head Stefan Reisinger. China is going to be one of the most important distribution markets for high-end bikes and the transition away from a pure sourcing market is fully underway. We are pleased that, with the success of the asia bike, we are able to establish a valuable platform in China for our partners from throughout the world."
Knut Jäger, asia bike chairman and strategist, added: “The strategy of putting on a trade show in China focused on sports and luxury bikes was risky, but the show’s success has proven us right. Now our task is to bring long term stability into this concept. We will work on doing this with the strong support that our Eurobike partnership provides.”
Find out more at: www.asiabike-show.com