Website Wildside Cycles
About the Role :
We are now looking to recruit an experienced Workshop Assistant Manager/Mechanic for our busy Store In Tunbridge Wells, Kent. If you are an experienced bike mechanic with supervisory experience keen to take the next step in an exciting and dynamic environment, wanting to share your passion for all things bike, then Wildside Cycles wants you. You will need to ensure that bikes leave your workshop ready for optimum performance and ensure you and your team offer great customer service, as well as demonstrating exceptional technical knowledge.
- Be able to manage, motivate and inspire a team
- Be acutely aware of Health and Safety principles
- Have a great understanding of mechanical principles
- Great commercial awareness
- Have fantastic organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise.
Our Workshop is an extremely busy one, so you need to be well able to handle pressure and excel under it. For us at Wildside we pride ourselves on ‘Top Quality Repairs and Customer Service’ , we like to think we go that extra mile for all our customers
You should take extreme pride in your work and only ever accept the best from yourself and other staff.
You might currently be working another busy Workshop in a different area and be looking to re-locate to the Garden of England Kent.
Ideally you are a Very Keen Cyclist
20 Days Holidays per year plus Bank Holidays
Immediate Start available .
- Proactive when working alone.
- Cytech Qualified would be good but not essential DOE
- Excellent level of knowledge across road race bikes.
- Experience with all brands of groupset, electronic and mechanical.
- An ambassador of your own skills and ability.
- Efficient, tidy and focussed.
- Approachable, friendly and confident at all times.
- Up to date with the latest cycling technologies.
- Quick, yet realistic estimations for completing jobs.
- Maintain a clean and organised workspace.
- Ability to Run good Social Media Feeds
- Supreme Customer Service Skills
- Ability to prioritize Repairs and to Manage Workshop
- Able to see need for and do overtime as required
- Ability to manage workshop staff
- Organise and Run Maintenance Classes
- Properly Stock Manage Workshop
Wildside Cycles, has been established well over 30 years. We are a large and well know busy Independent Bicycle Shop in Kent, we stock some great brands , Specialized, Colnago, Scott etc. Seamus & Daniela are the current owners and took over the business in April 2017. We have since added some great new brands and lines. We are both very keen cyclists and everything cycling is our passion .
We believe Wildside is a nice place to work and like to truly look after our staff.
We would love to hear from you if interested or you have any further questions.
How to apply: please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: DOE, OTE up to £25K
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.