Website Paddle Wheel Adventures Ltd
Experienced Bicycle Mechanic Wanted
Paddle Wheel Adventures Ltd is a new company in the Cayman Islands and will soon be the only dedicated bike shop in the islands providing access to highly competent bike maintenance services and a diverse selection of quality bikes and accessories.
We are seeking an experienced bike mechanic with stellar mechanical skills and excellent people skills to repair and maintain bikes, support our sales and rentals, be a bike and parts resource to our varied customer base and help maintain the order and selection of our merchandise. Anticipated start date is May 1st, 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble and repair all types of bicycles from kids bikes to high-end carbon bicycles and e-bikes for sale or rental
- Assist customers in finding appropriate bikes, parts, gear and accessories
- Share product knowledge and enthusiasm for bikes with customers
- Deliver professional, accessible and friendly service to our diverse customer base
- Complete assignments and projects on time to meet our high-quality standards
- Maintain all work and display areas to be organized, clean and safe to access
- Assist in the shop’s daily operations, including inventory management, restocking, cleaning, organizing and merchandising in a digital environment
- Be dependable. This includes being on time for work, showing up in appropriate attire in a well groomed state and not calling in sick for work at the last minute unless there is an emergency.
Education and Experience and Abilities:
- 2+ years of experience working in an actual bike shop servicing all types of regular bicycles and e-bikes
- Must have bicycle repair and maintenance certifications through a bicycle institute and/or companies such as Shimano and Specialized
- Should have Bosch e-bike certification
- Should have experience with Lightspeed software
- Must have experience working with and making purchase orders from bicycle part distributors
- Must be computer literate (especially with Apple technology) and have an excellent command of the English language in the spoken and written form
- Must have extensive knowledge of e-bike technology, accessories, and parts (know what is compatible & what is not, etc.)
- Should have valid Red Cross or equivalent first aid training which includes CPR and AED
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse customer base and fellow employees
- Desire and capacity to continually learn and increase skills and abilities, develop professionally and keep abreast of new technologies
- Hard working and energetic with a positive, “can do” attitude
- Friendly, approachable, and customer-oriented
- Be able to multi-task between repairs and sales with ease
- Ability to lift, push/pull, leverage and carry 65+ pounds without assistance
- Ability to ascend / descend ladders
- Ability to bend, stoop, crouch, kneel, walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time, up to 8 hours / day
Rate: $18USD to $22USD per hour depending on experience plus 50% of the cost of medical coverage, 5% pension and two weeks paid vacation per year.
Working hours: 40 hours per week, 5 days on, 2 days off. Working weekends and holidays and extra hours as required is a job requirement. Any hours worked over 45 hours in a week will be paid at time and a half.
Paddle Wheel Adventures Ltd is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Recruitment Agencies: Although we value the services you provide, currently we are not leveraging external 3rd party recruitment resources for this search. Should our needs change, we will seek your assistance directly.
How to apply: Send resume and/or questions to Jim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.