Website Wallington Cycles
Bicycle Mechanic – Wallington, Surrey
- Wallington Cycles, Wallington SM6
- £20,000 to £24,000 per annum
Wallington Cycles are on the lookout for an excellent Mechanic (or maybe two part-timers), who is happy to work on bikes of all descriptions, together with general duties throughout the shop.
We are a friendly local bike shop, selling all classes of bikes for kids, commuters, fun-lovers and enthusiasts. We first opened our doors in 1995, and have become one of Wallington’s favourite shops, recommended for our outstanding customer service. Our workshop is a crucial part of the business, offering servicing and repairs for all bicycles, together with support for customers who have bought their bikes from us.
The Mechanic’s Role:
- Service and repair customers’ bikes
- Build and check new bikes ready for sale.
- Refurbish traded-in bikes for sale.
- Maintain a clean, safe and tidy workshop.
- Liaise with customers as required before, during and after servicing.
- Create and maintain written records of work requested and carried out.
- Help out as necessary throughout the shop, including sales, stock handling, cleaning, maintaining displays.
Abilities, qualifications, experience, attitude:
- Ideally at least two years’ experience as a bicycle mechanic, with Cytec level 2 or higher – although further training can be provided for the right candidate.
- A good command of spoken and written English, with the ability and personality to advise and sell to our wide variety of customers.
- Willingness and initiative to identify work that needs doing in any part of the shop, and to carry this out as part of the team.
- The desire always to improve, accepting responsibility for mistakes and ensuring that they are treated as a learning opportunity.
- Full time contracts working five days out of seven – or part time as agreed.
- 28 days holiday a year (including Bank Holidays)
- Weekly pay, straight into your bank account the following Wednesday
- Very generous staff discount on all goods bought for personal use.
Please send your CV and a covering letter by email to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.