Website Manchester Bike Hire
Manchester Bike Hire has been providing bike hire services since July 2013. Since then, we have worked very hard to grow our business significantly. We have expanded the range of services we can offer, including adding repairs and maintenance to our traditional bike hire and guided bike tours. We are looking for an Experienced Bicycle Mechanic & Technician who will be required to help us operate our well established bicycle repair workshop. The job also entails working in all parts of the business.
The right candidate must:
- Be experienced, with an in-depth knowledge of bicycles and components, able to deliver high quality workmanship, and be willing to learn new skills and undertake training as required.
- Be reliable, punctual, trustworthy and hardworking, and able to work to agreed deadlines. • Be a team player, collaborating successfully with colleagues in the different teams within the company.
- Be able to work indoors or outdoors, at our premises or away from the regular place of work, as required, and be occasionally available for overtime.
- Be a healthy individual able to ride bicycles and cargo bikes on request, strong and physically fit as bicycles need to be lifted off the ground on a daily basis.
- Be computer literate with the ability to maintain accurate records on our systems.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills when with customers, face-to-face, or on the phone.
- Ensure the shop and workshop area is always tidy and meets all health and safety standards.
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times.
- Have good technical and mechanical knowledge and will keep up-to-date with current developments in the cycling industry, including new bike technologies.
- Be self-motivated with good time management.
- Will have good spoken and written English, with excellent verbal communication skills.
ESSENTIAL: Cytech Technical 2, City and Guilds or similar.
PREFERRED: Clean Driving Licence, as occasionally we will ask you to drive commercial vehicles of up to 3.5T.
Experience: Previous working experience as a Bicycle Mechanic in a bike shop is essential.
Contact: Stefan Ondo, Head of Retail
T: 0161 769 5050
Salary: Competitive salary, negotiable depending on experience
To apply for this job please visit manchesterbikehire.co.uk .