Website BikePark Wales
Job Title: Bike Hire Supervisor
Reporting to: Bike Hire Manager
Supervisory Duties: Hire Team Mechanics
About BikePark Wales
BikePark Wales is the UK’s number one mountain bike facility located at Merthyr Tydfil on the edge of the Brecon Beacons national park just 25 minutes north of central Cardiff. The Park is now an internationally recognised destination and a mecca for mountain bikers, descending on Mynydd Gethin, a 491-metre summit.
BikePark Wales is a young, successful business, which is growing fast. The current offering includes over 40 world class mountain bike trails, a vehicular uplift service, café, bike shop, bike hire, coaching and events but an ambitious development plan is now underway to both improve the existing services and add new products to the existing site.
An exciting, rare opportunity has arisen for a skilled mechanic to join our amazing team as the Bike Hire Supervisor. The successful candidate will be a fun, engaging individual who is organised, experienced and great with people. Previous leadership skills are essential for this role, as you will be working alongside the management team leading the hire team in delivering a world class service and standards on our extensive fleet. The candidate must be qualified to a minimum Cytech Level 2, with previous experience within a workshop environment. An eye for detail, an ability to analyse, report on and react to any issues, as well as an ability to bring structure and efficiency to the team are all desirable qualities in the ideal candidate. BikePark Wales is a busy and unique environment, with a focus on providing an exceptional customer experience for beginners through to seasoned mountain bikers, so an excellent level of knowledge in the field is required from all applicants. The hire department is a fast-paced environment, so it is crucial to always maintain leading levels of service and experience. For a driven and passionate candidate, this role offers a genuine opportunity to help grow our unique hire department; rewarded by an exciting career within the UK’s number one Bike Park.
Duties and Responsibilities to include:
- Accomplish departmental targets by supervising, monitoring and organising mechanics.
- Aid the Hire manager in the creation and management of work schedules.
- Assist the Manager in training and progressing the Hire team.
- Maintain high quality and quantity of work, service standards, and behaviour.
- Carry out daily running of the workshop and bike hire customer front.
- Repair and service our extensive hire fleet, as well as preparation of ex-hire bikes for sale.
- Work to a job record system, meeting agreed deadlines in a fast-paced workshop environment.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing organization standards and adhering to legal regulations.
- Ensure minimum stock levels are maintained across all hire consumables, with regular stock takes as well as stock ordering and receiving.
- Act as an approachable source of information for customers wishing to make use of hire services, including discussing the merits of different products and packages.
- Be the main point of contact, as well as running hire operations and the hire team in the managers absence.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Well versed with all our key brands – Trek, Shimano, Muc Off, WTB. As well as great up to date knowledge within the bike industry.
- Attend and contribute to monthly team meetings.
- Pro-Active attitude to maintaining and improving professional knowledge.
- Actively participating in Trek University and Shimano Technical Education.
General team duties:
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- To co-operate with relevant health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post.
- To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the Company’s equal opportunities policies.
- To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- To understand and comply with the Company’s environmental policies
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post
- Previous Hire and Customer Service experience, within the bike industry
- Qualified to minimum CYTECH Level 2
- Previous leadership experience
- Hard working and passionate
- Understanding of stock, costing, and its movement
- Ability to come up with new ideas to further advance and develop the current offering
- Well versed with all our key brands – Trek, Shimano, Muc Off, WTB. As well as great up to date knowledge within the bike industry
- Able to prioritise workload
- A proactive approach to team development
- Excellent time management and ability to work under your own initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a keen attention to detail
- A keen interest in MTB and BikePark Wales
- Citrus Lime POS and Workshop Module experience
- Experience with Bosch E-Bike systems
- Ability to communicate in the Welsh language
- Enhanced DBS certificate
- First Aid Qualifications
If you wish to apply for this role, please e-mail a CV and cover letter, detailing why you are the right person for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The details contained in this Job Description summarise the main expectations of the role at the date it was prepared. The nature of individual roles will evolve and change as the service develops and grows. Consequently, BikePark Wales will review and revise this Job Description as required in consultation with post holders.
BikePark Wales welcomes enquiries and applications from everyone and values diversity in the workplace. A commitment to promoting diversity and developing a workplace environment where all staff are treated with dignity and respect is central to our recruitment process.
BikePark Wales is responsible for deciding how it holds and uses personal information about you and complies with all data protection law and principles. Any personal information that you provide to us during the recruitment process will be stored on a computer to assist with the administration of the recruitment process.
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role;
- Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable;
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process;
- Keep records related to our hiring processes; and
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
We also need to process your personal information to decide whether to enter into a contract of employment with you but we will not store your personal information for any longer than is necessary.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.