Website Recyke y’bike
Title: Bike mechanic
Job Location: 164 Brinkburn Street, Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: £9.69/hour, 35 hours/week. Holiday entitlement 33 days including bank holidays.
How to apply: email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack. Closing date for applications is the 10th May.
The role involves carrying out bike repairs as well as refurbishing donated bikes.
Day to day duties include:
- Carrying out bike servicing and repairs as required
- Assisting customers with queries and sales
- Diagnosing mechanical issues on bikes, discussing solutions and costs with customers
- Working on donated bikes to make them ready for sale in the shop
- Supporting and training volunteers
Essential experience, skills and knowledge include:
- Experience of working in a bike shop or workshop (minimum 2 years)
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to act on your own initiative
- Self- motivated with pride in your work
- Commitment to the charitable objectives, values and ethos of Recyke y’bike
Cytech 2 or equivalent qualification is preferable but experience of carrying out bike repairs in a professional capacity is essential as well as a passion for bikes!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.