Website Recyke y’bike
Title: Bike mechanic
Job Location: 164 Brinkburn Street, Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: £9.69/hour, 35 hours/week. Holiday entitlement 33 days including bank holidays.
How to apply: email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack. Closing date for applications is Friday 6 th August with interviews taking place the following week.
The role involves carrying out bike repairs as well as refurbishing donated bikes.
Day to day duties include:
Carrying out bike servicing and repairs as required
- Assisting customers with queries and sales
- Diagnosing mechanical issues on bikes, discussing solutions and costs with customers
- Working on donated bikes to make them ready for sale in the shop
- Supporting and training volunteers
Essential experience, skills and knowledge include:
- Experience of working in a bike shop or workshop (minimum 2 years)
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to act on your own initiative
- Self- motivated with pride in your work
- Commitment to the charitable objectives, values and ethos of Recyke y’bike
Cytech 2 or equivalent qualification is preferable but experience of carrying out bike repairs in a professional capacity is essential as well as a passion for bikes!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.