Website Recyke y’bike
Title: Bike mechanic
Job Location: 17 North Road, Durham, DH1 4SQ
Salary: £9.92/hour, 35 hours/week. Holiday entitlement 33 days including bank holidays.
How to apply: email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack. Closing date for applications is Friday 14th January with interviews taking place the following week. Initial 6 month fixed term contract with an aim to extend.
The role involves carrying out bike repairs as well as refurbishing donated bikes.
Day to day duties include:
- Carrying out bike servicing and repairs as required
- Assisting customers with queries and sales
- Diagnosing mechanical issues on bikes, discussing solutions and costs with customers
- Working on donated bikes to make them ready for sale in the shop
- Supporting and training volunteers
Essential experience, skills and knowledge include
- Experience of working in a bike shop or workshop (minimum 2 years)
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to act on your own initiative
- Self- motivated with pride in your work
- Commitment to the charitable objectives, values and ethos of Recyke y’bike
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.