Website Cheddar Bikes
Bike Shop, Workshop & Hire Assistant
Our rapidly growing business is looking for a reliable, ambitious and approachable cycling enthusiast to join our team.
Hands-on, problem-solving people who go the extra mile to connect and engage with customers and ensure they experience a 5 star service.
If you have a passion for cycling and people and you want to be part of the new hub of cycling in Cheddar as it grows, in one of the most important cycling destinations in the area, we’d love to meet you.
Cheddar Bikes’ ambition is to become the best destination for all your cycling needs in the area. We are creating a reputation of excellence since opening in early 2021 and demand for bike hire and our bike workshop requires us to expand our team.
We offer bike maintenance in our well-equipped workshop space, there is a small but growing retail space and we have a growing fleet of E-Bikes and mountain bikes that are available for day hire.
Our space in the heart of Cheddar has a drinking water re-fill station and appropriate bike parking area from which we engage cyclists, creating a sense of community among all riders as they rest & re-fuel. As we grow, we will look to develop this further and look at potential for more retail space, bike sales & parts, and even a cyclist café stop and guided cycling tours and clubs.
If you share our enthusiasm for cycling and ambition, we would love to see your application to become a part of something great!
Job Summary – Bike Workshop, Shop & Hire Assistant.
- Prepare bikes and sustain activities for daily bike rentals
- Support workshop with daily maintenance and their schedule
- Oversee and manage stock of retail and workshop parts
- Respond to emails and phone enquires
- Connect with and engage cyclists of all abilities
- Prepare the shop each day
- Making suggestions for routes suited to customer abilities
- Recommending bikes for each customer
- Teaching new customers how to use our E-bikes
- Basic bike maintenance & cleaning
- Social Media and Promotional activities.
Successful candidates will have a charming, enthusiastic and patient manner and be comfortable talking to experienced and novice cyclists equally.
We go the extra mile to ensure that all of our customers are comfortable and confident before setting out on a day out on our hire bikes and happy with the diagnostics of service requirements on all types of bikes. It will be your responsibility to ensure our customers have the best experience possible.
- “Go the extra mile” attitude and an equal willingness to get your hands dirty in the workshop and connect with people front of house
- A passion for cycling, bikes and e-bikes at all levels!
- An understanding of basic bike care and maintenance.
- Comfortable using online technology
- Able to work as part of a team and contribute to achieving individual and team targets
- Cytech bike mechanic qualifications
- Bike Hire experience
- Driving Licence
- Saturdays, Monday, Tuesday & Wednesdays & some peak time Sundays.
- Ambitious and friendly working environment, making a difference to yours and other people’s lives
- Training opportunities
Salary – Based on age and experienced
How to Apply: Please email your CV and a brief cover letter explaining why you’re the right person to be at Cheddar Bikes. We look forward to hearing from you soon. firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.