Website Extra UK
Position: Brand Manager
Type: Permanent, full time
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Location: Wellingborough/Home Based
Extra UK are one of the country’s leading distributors of cycling parts and accessories with an enviable portfolio of marketing leading brands including Topeak, Fizik, Abus, Clif, Pirelli, Brooks, Crankbrothers, Maxxis, Ergon and more.
As the company continues to grow, we are looking to recruit an experienced Brand Manager to join our team.
Role and responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Brands, the successful applicant will be responsible for the brand management of some of the highest profile and most respected brands in the cycle industry.
Key duties include:
- Produce and implement brand plans with clear strategies and key objectives while ensuring all actions are in keeping with the ethos and identity of the brand(s)
- Work as part of the in-house marketing team to produce an effective marketing plan including POS, advertising, events, sponsorship, social media, product reviews etc.
- Champion the brand(s) internally and externally to both the trade and consumers • Build working relationships and effective communication with the brand(s) stakeholders
- Management and maintenance of the brand(s) pricing information including cost, trade, SRP and margins
Maintenance of product information and assets on Extra UK websites (b2b/ b2c)
- Work closely with Operations department to produce forecasts/ projections and provide required information for internal/ external use
- Working closely with Sales department to produce effective and attractive promotions • Plan and implement detailed GTM strategies for all new products
- Represent the brand(s) at trade and consumers shows and events (some weekend work will be required)
- Produce monthly brand reports and sales analysis to ensure key objectives are on track
- Conduct regular market research including brand feedback, competitor information, market trends, areas and opportunities for growth
- Regular travel including distributor meetings, shows and events, dealer visits, media and agency visits
- Effective time management and workload prioritising to ensure all deadlines are met • Proficient use of Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
The ideal candidate for this role should possess excellent brand and product knowledge within the cycling industry as well as being a strategic thinker with proven commercial experience and a creative yet analytical mindset. Previous brand management experience is highly desirable although not essential.
A passion and enthusiasm for cycling is also a big plus.
The ability to work as part of a small but focussed team is a must as is the ability to be self-reliant and to work on numerous projects at once.
A competitive salary plus other additional benefits are on offer to the right person who can fulfil this demanding role.
To apply please send your cv and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org including the reference CSS1 in the subject field.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.