Website Gtechniq Ltd
Business Development Manager – Bike
Salary up to £50,000 OTE (uncapped) dependent on experience
No agency contact
A rare opportunity has arisen to join our business at the start of our exciting journey into the Bike market. This role will allow the right individual to take ownership of and grow our presence in this new sector for Gtechniq. With market leading products and technical support, we have high expectations for our success in this new venture.
Gtechniq is a market leading manufacturer of advanced surface care products, selling in over 40 countries and enjoying a steady 50% year on year growth, the majority driven by internet sales and engagement. Building on our success in the automotive and marine sectors, we aim to bring our technologically advanced products into the biking world.
Reporting to the Head of Global Business Development, the role will involve supporting and growing our UK & US presence and also support the global strategy.
The role is based in our Northamptonshire HQ (NN7 3FA) and travel will be required nationally and potentially internationally.
Duties will include:
- Work with Sales and Marketing to refine and build our Bike brand in both the B2B and B2C arena’s – to produce a complete Gtechniq Bike offering to target: Online sales, specialist retailers, professional sales
- Work to targets established by the Head of Business Development and support the global growth of the Gtechniq Bike product range
- Train and educate customers on the product range
- Analyse market performance trends using company reporting and ad hoc analyses to identify market opportunities and emerging risks. Monitor competitors’ activity, gather data on competitors’ pricing and promotional activity, and collect feedback from customers on processes to drive improvements
- Work closely with the Marketing team to help define the ongoing marketing strategy for the bike product range
- Work with our commercial and marketing partners to generate content and collateral to support the bike range
- Represent the company at conferences and events, as required
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable experience of working in the bike industry
- A strong understanding of and passion for the bike industry and bike maintenance is essential
- A track record in delivering business development or sales
- Capable of organizing and leading training and demonstrations to a varied audience
- Be a great self starter, be proactive and handle uncertainty
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish, manage and develop a team
- Flexibility to adapt to new challenges
- A good degree of IT literacy – familiarity with Microsoft product suite would be beneficial
- Able to travel nationally and internationally
In return we offer
- 20 days holiday, increasing after 3 years
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Company bonus
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Monthly product allowance
- Critical illness and life insurance schemes
Please note, due to the high volume of CVs we receive only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply, please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.