Website Sigma Sports
BUYING ADMIN ASSISTANT – (FULL-TIME)
SIGMA SPORTS HEAD OFFICE – HAMPTON WICK, SURREY
From local bike shop to online retailer, Sigma Sports aim is simple, to encourage people onto road bikes and enjoy the sport at the heart of the business. We operate from two stores in London and the East Midlands with a strong online presence. Not only do we sell but inform and educate, running social rides, state-of-the-art workshops, bike fitting sessions and mechanics courses. We pride ourselves that our staff are passionate about the sport and are keen to share that passion, this creates a common sense of purpose for all.
As part of a dynamic and expanding purchasing team, you’ll be working directly with some of the world’s leading cycling brands to source a range of products that meet the needs of our passionate and enthusiastic customers. This diverse position plays an important role in the day to day operation of the purchasing team at Sigma Sports, with the opportunity for the right person to develop their purchasing skills and administrative experience.
YOUR MAIN OBJECTIVES
- Providing daily administrative support to the buying team
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing the company product database
- Managing product price changes and life cycles
- Daily contact with suppliers and use of various B2B systems to place orders
- New product upload to support new product ranges entering the business
- Purchase order management
- Placing special customer orders
You are or will be able to demonstrate the following desirable or essential skills, qualifications and/or experience:
Essential skills/traits to demonstrate
- Excellent IT skills including Excel
- Ability to work independently and to deadlines
- Able to work under own initiative
- Good communication skills both verbal and in writing
- Good organisational skills
- A passion for cycling and a sound knowledge of current trend
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and can be amended at the discretion of senior management, with changes being communicated to you in a timely manner.
Desirable skills/traits to demonstrate
- Experience within the cycle industry
- Experience within an administrative position
This is a permanent full-time position. Contracted hours are 41.25 hours, over five days currently Monday to Friday. You must be eligible to work in the UK.
This role is based in our Hampton Wick Head Office with due consideration to Covid-related guidelines.
£18,000- £20,000 per annum. Salary offered commensurate with skills, experience and or qualifications.
HOLIDAYS AND BENEFITS
28 days in the first 5 years rising to a maximum of 5 extra days with service. Generous staff discounts after probation period and Ride to Work Scheme (via salary sacrifice).
Please submit an up-to-date CV and covering letter explaining what skills you could bring to the team and how you can fulfil the essential criteria for this role, by 30th April 2021 to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.