Website Balfe’s Bikes
At Balfe’s it’s all about people. And bikes! It’s the passion, energy and enthusiasm of all of our colleagues throughout the business, which makes Balfe’s a great place to work.
Joining Balfe’s means you’ll be working with like-minded people and you will have opportunities to develop your skills and experience, and plenty of career progression if you want it.
Balfe’s Bikes is proud to work with market leading bike brands across all categories of cycling, from a child’s first experience on two wheels right through to competitive athletes seeking their optimum performance. Working as a Buying Assistant, you will work as part of a team to deliver an industry leading range of bikes for our customers.
Balfe’s Bikes Buying Assistant Job Description
Reporting to the Head Buyer
We’re looking for a bike expert to join our bike buying team, if you know your Sturmey Archer from your SRAM Eagle then that could be you!
As Buying Assistant your role will include:
- Communicating with colleagues in our stores and head office.
- Working with bike brands – ordering and logistics
- Learnign about new products and sharing that knowledge.
- Creating bespoke website content.
- Ensuring our customers recieve the best service.
- Merchandising our stores with the best products.
- Strong administrative and planning skills
- General education to GCSE grade A-C, or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An eye for detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and take ownership of workloads
- Approachable with excellent interpersonal skills and confidence in communicating with all levels of personnel/stakeholders
- Conscientious approach to work with the ability to scrutinise and self-critique own work Highly self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
- The ability to be flexible and evolve with the ever-changing nature of the industries within which we operate
- Ability to be a team player, while also having the ability to work independently
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and will be subject to periodic review. It may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post-holder will be expected to participate in this process and we would aim to reach agreement on any changes
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.