Job title: Customer Service Representative
Department: Customer Service
Responsible to: Customer Service Manager
Hours: 40 hours over 5 days and will include weekends on a rota basis with ½ hour unpaid lunch
About the Company
Brompton wants to transform cities. By providing the means to commute or explore with a bike that you can take anywhere and store anywhere we can make cities better places to live in. Our high-quality products, combined with resurgence in cycling, means that we are enjoying strong, sustained growth. If we are to continue to thrive, we need to recruit great people who can contribute to our ambitious aims. We are a truly global company exporting 80% of our production to 45 countries around the world and intend to produce over 50,000 bikes this year; though we believe we are just getting started. We can offer you a job you will not find anywhere else.
Provide a high level of Customer Service to all Brompton customers by using a wide variety of channels to resolve their enquiries as well as increasing the customer base by driving sales conversions. This is a full-time position based in Greenford, London with occasional working on weekends. Our aim is nothing less than to deliver first class customer service, to match the world class products that we manufacture and sell around the globe.
- Drive conversions through engagement of customers, suggestive selling, and sharing product knowledge
- Proactively reach customers to ensure that the customer journey is successfully completed
- Organise and process eCommerce returns
- Provide global support to customer enquiries, resolving them within Brompton’s brand values and within the expected response and resolution times
- Provide support to customers via telephone, email, live chat, and video chat
- Provide updates to team on weekly meetings or when required
- Attend weekly departmental meetings and factory training sessions when required
- Work with other departments to ensure consistent customer service levels across the company
- Represent the company at the Brompton World Championship, industry shows and external events as and where necessary
Skills and Experience
- Experience in making outgoing calls to sell the service and products
- Able to sell to customer needs
- Able to meet sales targets
- Technical knowledge about Brompton is desirable but not essential
- Familiar with a customer service platform such as Zendesk
- Be a self-starter who can work unsupervised to high standards and with meticulous detail
- Professional communication and people skills with a genuine desire to provide excellent customer service
- Strong written and verbal communication; eloquent, empathetic, and audience appropriate
- A team player who will contribute to the continuous improvement of the department and company
- Be IT literate including MS Word and Excel
- Be prepared to travel within the UK, and occasionally abroad
- Awareness of Health and Safety standards; along with an understanding of Dignity and Diversity in the workplace
- An understanding of Brompton’s ethos and how this has shaped its brand values
- Able to work some weekends, early morning, or evenings
- Able to work remotely if required– access to reliable internet connection required
- Conversational and written Italian, Dutch or any other European language will be a plus but not essential
- Interest in cycling, outdoors activities or other sports
Brompton utilises Personal Profile Analysis and Psychometric Assessment during the recruitment process. This allows to identify the ideal behavioural requirements for each job function in terms of Dominance, Influence, Steadiness and Compliance. The ideal behavioural profile for this role is set out below:
The Job Profile indicates that the person in this job should be friendly, assertive, independent. Contact ability and communication are a key skill, as the job environment may require influencing and persuading others. The incumbent should enjoy challenging situations and have the flexibility to work in an unstructured environment where there is freedom to act and the authority to take decisions.
Influence (High I)
- Social activities and community responsibilities external to the organisation will sometimes be required.
- Optimally, the position will be filled with someone who possesses a confident and poised approach.
- The ability to make favourable impressions on others will be an important attribute.
Dominance (High D)
- The ability to solve problems and implement appropriate remedial measures would benefit the incumbent.
- An assertive, but not an aggressive, style could be a requirement of this post.
- The ability to set tough goals may be an important role requirement.
Compliance (Low C)
- Strong-willed and independent candidates will comply with a number of important components of this role.
- Firm, even, at times, unconventional independence, will be a requirement of this position.
- The post is calling for people who are tenacious and firm in their opinions and decisions.
Steadiness (Low S)
- Being self-critical and fault-finding will play an important part in the delivery of superior performance.
- This position calls for candidates who are anxious to maintain a high work rate and who will be discontented merely maintaining the status quo.
- Candidates who are always looking for new and better ways of doing things will be welcomed in this role.
- Mobility and alertness will be required of incumbents who intend to perform satisfactorily in this position.
- People with a clearly goal-directed restlessness will qualify for short-listing in this position.
Brompton offers you a very excellent working environment with enthusiastic colleagues who get along very well, communicate, and cooperate with each other. The working climate is informal, but we work hard. Next to good terms of employment Brompton offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging job within a dynamic, international, and ambitious environment. We are all proud to be part of Brompton Bicycle; we all share the same passion and dedication to the company and embrace differences in cultural backgrounds and skills.
- Huge discount on your very own Brompton (family and friends get discount too)
- Position to thrive. Whether you are early in your career or an experienced professional, Brompton provides you with everything you need to excel in your job and for personal growth. You will be actively encouraged to increase your skillset and to attend relevant events
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, increasing the longer you stay with us
- Workplace Pension Scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Childcare Vouchers, Flexible Working, Cycle to Work Scheme to name just a few…..
- Birthday Breakfast, Family Fun Days, Christmas Parties, London to Brighton Bike Rides, Charity Raffles, Volunteering with the local community all go towards creating a working environment that is fun and enriching
Applicants must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences of relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
To apply for this job please visit brompton.recruitee.com.