Customer Support Specialist (LDN, BRS or Remote)
London, England, United Kingdom – Operations – Full time
We exist to rewrite the rules of insurance so it’s something people stand with, not against.
Our story began in 2017 when we set out to transform bicycle insurance by connecting passionate cyclists all over the UK to form a collective and protect their bikes. A better model for insurance was born.
Fast forward to today and we’ve:
- Been awarded Best Cycle Insurance Provider (for 3 years in a row)
- Expanded to commercial business and quickly become leaders in last-mile insurance
- Launched into new territories and now rolling-out across Europe
- Captured the enthusiast cyclist market and expanded across all cycling segments
- Opened offices in London, Bristol, Amsterdam and have enabled remote working
Help us change an outdated industry
We’re growing real fast on our path to make the Laka collective model the industry standard and we’re expanding across segments, products, and territories. We’re looking for innovative, bold and brave minds to help us build the world’s best insurance company.
About the role
You will be an integral part of our Community team. Providing a great customer experience is the most important part of our plans to grow the Laka brand in the UK and beyond. As part of a small dedicated team, you will be the first point of contact for general and claim-related enquiries.
As a Customer Support Specialist (Bike Guru) you will:
- Help Laka members to file their claims and guide them through the process of replacing or repairing their bikes and gear either directly with us or by coordinating with third-parties
- Support Laka members with general questions around Laka, their bicycle insurance, and new initiatives via webchat and email
- Constantly prioritise work to deliver a swift, convenient and seamless experience to our members
- Collate feedback from the community on an ongoing basis and produce actionable reports to make Laka better every day
- Dive into our quarterly squads (you might find yourself working on exciting projects in Marketing or the Dev side of Laka)
To succeed in this role you will need to:
- Understand when it makes sense to go the extra mile and make a member’s day
- Love learning new things and find self-fulfillment in helping people going through a rough patch (losing your bike isn’t easy, you know)
- Strong empathy for cyclists and understanding of technical terms in cycling (we can bring you up to speed with the latest bike tech)
- Be comfortable chatting with our members and show excellent written English
- Have a good understanding of modern tools such as Google Suite (Sheets, etc), Slack, Notion, and other in-house applications.
Laka offers very competitive salaries and share options alongside flexible and remote working. For our full list of Laka benefits, visit our careers page here.
Our collective is broad and inclusive. We continuously strive to build a diverse team from all backgrounds as we believe that varied experiences and perspectives makes the Laka collective even stronger. If you have a disability or a need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.