Website Go Outdoors
Job Locations: Poole, Basingstoke, Cambridge, Southampton, Lakeside, Erdington, Bristol, Inverness, Belfast, Sunderland, Newcastle, Leeds
How to apply: https://jdfashionplc.team.careers/search
Cycling in GO Outdoors is an enhanced shopping experience aimed at anyone wanting to get in to cycling, our stores are staffed by trained and knowledgeable cycling enthusiasts, we offer everything from Road or Mountain bikes through to family cycling and everything in between, all housed in the UK`s biggest outdoor retailer which is a real destination for adventure.
Our stores are all equipped with in-store workshops, fitting and servicing facilities with an emphasis of putting the customer at the heart of everything we do, be that selling, talking about or servicing bikes.
As part of a rapidly growing division, cycling in GO is performing and growing every day and we are always on the lookout for new colleagues who can be a real asset to the team.
Your role will be required to help our customers make the right decision when it comes to making a purchase in-store you help to run the cycling department selling some of the industry’s best brands.
The role opens the opportunity to do further learning that will enable you to take an active role within our workshops, meaning you can get hands-on in the workshop repairing, building and completing PDI`s new bikes for customers, we have several internal and industry recognised training courses to help maximise your potential.
To provide an excellent customer experience by offering expert advice and knowledge to help customers make the best choices that fulfil their needs. Take pride in and maintain excellent store standards and demonstrate GO’s mission and values.
Drive the growth of the cycling department and taking pride in it`s appearance, ensuring store standards are always maintained
Create an environment where customers are made to feel welcome and are given an excellent shopping experience by providing brilliant product knowledge and advice to fulfil all their needs
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Always exceed customer expectations by using GO’s customer service model ABC
- Make customers feel welcome by acknowledging them when they enter the store
- Observe customer buying signals help at the right time when it matters most
- Ask customers what was wrong with a product if it is returned and offer replacements or alternatives to ensure the customer`s needs are met
- Show a genuine interest in the customer’s needs to identify and recommend the right products to fulfil the customer’s needs
- Create excitement around the products and the possibilities they offer, help the customer visualise the potential opportunities
- Replenish and maintain stock levels to ensure a high availability
- Take ownership of personal development by keeping up to date with product knowledge
- Technical cycling qualifications are welcomed but not essential
- Clear, confident communicator with excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Excellent team worker
- Time Management
- Attentive and keen eye for detail
- Excellent problem solver
- Basic IT skills would be preferred
- Ability to read customer cues
- GCSE in Maths and English is preferable
Knowledge & Experience
- A background in cycling and end user experience is preferable
- Relevant experience of retail or similar service focused role
- Ability to demonstrate you have worked in a team effectively
- Experience of working in a high performing team
- Knowledge of outdoor and cycling products is an advantage but not essential
- Experience of effectively prioritising workload to achieve goals and objectives
- A passion for customer service and a proven record of delivering excellence in this area
- Ability to not only deliver standards but to step back & challenge the accepted way of doing things to improve the customer experience.
- Ability to demonstrate that you have a hands-on approach
- You can show you are capable of approaching customers confidently and provide recommendations
- Be accountable, responsible and committed to the role
- A positive role model who champions GO’s values
- Adaptable individual who can think outside the box
- Show resiliency and have the tenacity to bounce back
- Show a willingness to learn and go the extra mile
- Be patience always and offer sound recommendations
- Excellent Team Worker
- Be timely and punctual with all deadlines
- Deal with multiple issues whilst working under pressure
- Show a hands-on approach to work
To apply for this job please visit jdfashionplc.team.careers.