Job title: DACH Customer Service Representative
Department: Customer Service
Responsible to: Customer Service Manager
Salary: £20-25k dependant on experience
Hours: 40 hours over 5 days and will include weekends on a rota basis with ½ hour unpaid lunch
About the Company
Our purpose is to change the way people live in cities. By providing the means to commute or explore with a bike that you can take anywhere and store anywhere, we can make cities happier places to live. We want to increase people’s freedom, improve their health and reduce society’s impact on the environment. We make more than just a bicycle, and we are more than just a bicycle company.
We continue to make the Brompton in West London, where we started in 1975. Brompton now offers 16.5 million combinations on the bike, every one of which is still made by hand in London. It is now estimated that there are over 80,000 Brompton bikes in London. Three-time winner of the Queen’s Award for Enterprise, the company sells over 45,000 bikes in 44 countries around the world every year. Sales have been growing at a fast rate with the help of Brompton Junction retail stores in London, Barcelona, Munich, Beijing, Milan, Hamburg, Shanghai, Chengdu, Amsterdam, Tokyo and Kobe and we don’t plan on stopping there.
To truly deliver on our purpose, we need passionate, innovative and talented people that want to challenge the status quo and make an impact. We can offer you a job you won’t find anywhere else.
To ensure that Brompton delivers professional after-sales support service to owners, domestic and international dealers and distributors. Our aim is nothing less than to deliver first class customer service, to match the world class products that we manufacture and sell around the globe. The role is required to reflect our increased international presence and responsibility as we take on direct distribution in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland – all considered high priority territories for Brompton. While a proportion of the focus will be on the DACH region – the role will be incorporated as part of the greater Customer Service team, including a capacity of work from the broader, global market.
- Provide technical support to dealers and consumers in the DACH region
- Provide support to dealer, and consumer enquiries and complaints by email, live chat and telephone, resolving them within Brompton’s brand values.
- Handling escalation cases, understanding and empathising with the customers experience.
- Coordinating the RMA process in a clean and concise manner, clearly communicating with all stakeholders in the process.
- Delivering a high quality of service within a time sensitive manner, providing swift, detailed and reassured support to a global market.
- Recording product faults, being able to identify and highlight trends, sharing with the wider business, in an effort to continually improve the product and the user experience.
- Work with other departments to ensure consistent customer service levels across the company, communicating technical issues to Customer Service team, internal departments and product/ service providers.
- Assist with the delivery of technical training of dealers, distributors and staff members in the factory and at dealer premises including development of technical e-learning platform
- Contribute towards the continued improvement of the Customer Service team and wider business, through process mapping, implementation and feedback.
- Attend weekly departmental meetings and factory training sessions when required
- Represent the company at the Brompton World Championship, industry shows and external events as and where necessary
Skills and Experience
- Fluent in verbal and written communication in German and English
- At least 2 years’ experience working within the cycle industry
- A positive and constructive attitude. Must be discreet and sensitive with detailed information while seeing the potential to improve in all situations
- Strong written and verbal communication; eloquent, empathetic, and audience-appropriate
- Be a self-starter who can work unsupervised to high standards and with meticulous detail
- Be IT literate including MS Word and Excel
- Be confident in adopting new systems in both IT platforms and system processes
- Professional communication and people skills with a genuine desire to provide excellent customer service
- Be able to manage one’s time, achieving KPIs to a high standard
- A team player who will contribute to the continuous improvement of the department and company
- Be prepared to travel within the UK, and occasionally abroad
- Awareness of Health and Safety standards; along with an understanding of Dignity and Diversity in the workplace
- An understanding of Brompton’s ethos and how this has shaped its brand values
- Able to work remotely – access to reliable internet connection required
- Able to work some weekends
- Knowledge of the Brompton Bicycle including maintenance and servicing experience
- Knowledge or experience of a pedalec system
- Cytech Technical two or above
- Experience of Zendesk or a similar customer service platform
To apply for this job please visit brompton.recruitee.com.