It’s time to get smart, it’s time to go electric! The world needs a better bike, and Gocycle designed it! With our no-compromise approach to design, we produce the most thoughtfully engineered electric bikes on the planet and our greater mission is to accelerate the adoption of personal sustainable and healthy transport. This is a fantastic opportunity to join Gocycle at a very exciting time in our growth trajectory as we expand our business in the UK, EU, and NA.
Gocycle Dealer Service Training Manager
Are you an experience bike mechanic? Have you worked in a bike shop and understand how bike dealers work? Do you want to work for one of the most innovative and exciting brands in the ebike space? Gocycle is recruiting now for a Service Training Manager to visit our dealer network and train mechanics onsite and remotely on how to service Gocycles. You’ll be based at our Chessington UK HQ and will travel the UK / EU / and NA in visiting our dealer network in our awesome Gocycle van kitted out with the lastest bespoke tools and equipment. You’ll receive full training and have the support of the service and engineering teams. You’ll be working with the sales team to help lift our dealer service partners to our high standards of customer service.
You’ll be highly competent with tools and mechanically sensitive. You’ll have a thorough understanding and appreciation of traditional diamond frame road, city, and mountain bikes and will be able to exude confidence when interfacing with like minded mechanics in bikes shops across the world. However, you’ll be open to learning and the challenges presented in a production such as Gocycle that requires specialist knowledge, problem solving and skills to be serviced effectively. You’ll be able to appreciate and explain different choices of materials and structures in order to build confidence from traditional bike mechanics not accustomed to non-traditional bike designs. Most of all you’ll enjoy being on the road, visiting new shops, meeting new people, and being part of a company that is challenging convention and thinking differently.
Responsibilities are varied and flowing with the needs of a business delivering ongoing improvements and achieving considerable growth
There will be travel to, and time spent, in Amsterdam with our workshop team to help build up our EU service centre capability and also potential travel to the US for training and support as we continue to grow and expand.
Who Fits Gocycle®
Customer focused, have an eye for detail, are hooked on problem solving, and are deeply invested in bringing best-in-class servicing to the customer. As a bike enthusiast you will be instrumental in building and evolving with a best-practice servicing model within Gocycle.
- Provide training and support for the Gocycle Service Partner channel both remotely and in person.
- Conduct training sessions on various repair processes.
- Grade and assess Gocycle Service Partners on capability and experience.
- Help the service and engineering teams to diagnose faults.
- Work with the engineering team on continuous improvement of quality control, manufacturing and design as reflected by reported customer service issues
- Maintain a high standard of organization within the service workshop and warehouse
- Contribute to continual improvement of service and repair processes
- Building content such as videos and procedures for service and repair processes
- Help and participate with trade shows and consumer shows
- Provide customer support and technical assistance via phone, e-mail, and other electronic media such as service documentation
- Provide after sales support to the sales team, including contacting new customers (dealers) by phone, attending trade shows, and providing product sales training resources
- Assist with the development and maintenance of technical literature and other communication in the form of instructions, manuals and repair guides
- Assist with technical customer training sessions at the company’s office and at customer sites
- Create video and paper service instructions manuals and maintain company literature
- Escalate unresolved issues in a timely manner
- Log, update and track progress of customer enquiries and provide timely feedback as required
- Manual handling is required from time to time for shipping parts and product to customers
- Taking on new tasks and responsibilities from time to time and usage of PC software and email to interact with company team members.
Skills & Experience
- A Bike enthusiast at heart with a passion for fixing faults and problem solving
- Excellent presentation skills
- Min 3 years of bike shop service
- German language a plus
- Superior mechanical skills and tool craft
- Team player who generates ideas and solutions, working together with the whole team to achieve them
- Full driving license
- Able to work through a problem independently once experienced and trained in the process, generating ways of working and improvements which can then be shared as best practice
- Any formalised qualifications for being a bicycle mechanic are desirable
- Experience interacting with customers and suppliers (internal and external) is desirable
- Acts with humility, transparency, and candour – is able to engage and communicate professionally, and in a way which builds trust in a team environment
- Knowledge or Experience of Lean is desirable, key areas:
- 5S, Area Readiness/Visual Management, Standard Work, TPM, Waste Identification & Removal
- Is comfortable working with Data to identify and solve problems
- Experience of SAP is a plus
A Vibrant Atmosphere working in a leading eBike business, with no-compromise standards on Bike design and development, and a shared vision of accelerating the adoption of personal sustainable and healthy transport
Fantastic Career Opportunities to progress in a rapidly growing business at the cutting edge of the Bicycle industry
Competitive Salary and Benefits to reward, support and develop you throughout your flourishing career in Gocycle
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.