Website Saddleback Ltd
High-end cycling product distributor Saddleback is looking for a dynamic new team member to support the key role of e-commerce trading within the e-commerce team.
As e-commerce trading executive you will be a natural e-commerce retailer and support the development of Saddleback’s UK and international e-commerce sales channels.
Your role will involve analysis, planning, budgeting, execution and review across all sales channel activity, where you will drive growth in traffic acquisition, visitor to customer conversion rate, average order value, customer retention and customer satisfaction.
This is an exciting role that will see the right candidate grow in responsibility as the business continues to expand.
You’ll be joining a company full of real cycling enthusiasts at Saddleback HQ in Yate, 10 miles northeast of Bristol / 15 miles northwest of Bath. There’s plenty of good riding to be had on our doorstep (and lunchtime rides to take part in).
This is a full-time 8.30-5.30 in-office role working with multiple teams and stakeholders across the business on a daily basis.
Working under our Head of e-commerce, responsibilities will include:
- You will co-own, with the Head of e-commerce, the development of and activating daily trading plans for Saddleback’s B2C and B2B e-commerce sales channels.
- Co-own all acquisition strategy across the UK and international B2C e-commerce sales channels delivering best practice to optimise organic and paid traffic.
- Working with the e-commerce communications manager and internal marketing team you will support the generation and activation of inspiring, efficient campaigns to realise the commercial goals for the B2C sites generating greater customer acquisition and retention.
- Co-own, with the Head of e-commerce, customer lifecycle management. Delivering customer segmentation, customer insight, loyalty programmes, community inspiration and belonging, activating effective retention and retargeting strategies to maximise sales growth.
- Set e-commerce trading goals and conversion rate strategy, activating to increase average order value and visitor to customer conversion rates. Monitoring performance on a daily basis and reporting on KPIs.
- Co-own, with the Head of e-commerce, managing visual merchandising of the e-commerce sales channels, working with the e-commerce admin assistant and e-commerce product copywriter to continually review and optimise the user journey, driving visitors to customer conversions.
- Support the development of technical SEO best practice, including keyword research, sitemaps, meta optimisation, redirects.
- Liaise with content team to ensure SEO best practice across product, website and content.
- Liaise with Head of e-commerce and Digital marketing executive to deliver paid social activations, including Facebook and Instagram in line with e-commerce and wider brand marketing goals.
- Activate Google PPC/PLA advertising in line with trading goals.
- Work closely with the product content and brand teams to ensure product visibility is one hundred per cent maintained on all sales channels in line with trading plans.
- Maintain Saddleback’s exacting presentation, high customer experience standards and champion Saddleback’s brand vision.
- Review all campaigns to continuously improve performance in line with the trading plan. Regularly reporting to the e-commerce team to drive data-driven e-commerce and digital marketing approach.
- Support data-driven technical SEO and UX optimisation development.
- Develop customer research programs, including A/B testing, to gain insights into improving customer journey and conversion.
- Provide the Head of e-commerce with daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on activity ROI and site performance.
You will need to have:
- Considerable experience (minimum 3-years) of e-commerce retail trading or marketing activity, ideally within a D2C setting related to consumer products.
- Feel you are a natural e-commerce retailer that is passionate in driving sales growth and converting visitors to customers.
- Proven experience using Google Search Console, Ad Manager/Analytics/Marketing Platform, Tag Manager, Facebook, Instagram and Bing Ads.
- Working knowledge and experience of email marketing automation platforms to drive effective retention and retargeting strategies.
- Proven understanding of bid management tools and keyword research via Keyword Planner and tools like Moz and market comparison tools.
- Practical knowledge of technical SEO and optimisation of sitemaps, merchant feeds, redirect strategy to increase site and page rank.
- Experience working closely with developers to implement digital change.
- Strong knowledge of content marketing principles to support brand building and SEO traffic.
- A driven personality, able to multitask and liaise with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills.
- Practical knowledge of the Shopify platform.
- International experience of European markets is beneficial but not essential.
- Google Ads and Google Analytics certification.
- An interest in cycling would be beneficial but not essential.
- German language skills would be of interest.
This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week in the Saddleback office – Monday to Friday, 8:30-5:30 pm.
For over 10 years Saddleback Limited has been delivering the world’s leading elite cycling brands to the UK industry. A vibrant company based in Yate (10 miles northeast of Bristol / 15 miles northwest of Bath), we are proud to have leading names such as 3T, Alchemy, Castelli, Chris King, ENVE, Intense, Peaty’s, PUSH, Sidi, Silca, Stages and Troy Lee Designs within our portfolio of the world’s premier road and MTB brands.
A family-owned business with over 50 employees, Saddleback boasts a friendly, relaxed office atmosphere away from the hubbub of central Bristol, the chance to work with a team of like-minded cycling aficionados and the opportunity to take part in regular lunch-time training rides.
If you would like to apply for this role, then please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter.
We regret that due to the volume of applications we are only able to contact candidates who make it to the interview stage.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.