Job Title: EU Distributor Manager
Location: London/Home counties
This position will be Wahoo’s EU Distributor Manager for Europe, with a primary focus on actively supporting our growing network of Wahoo distributors in Europe and beyond, currently including Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, Italy, Poland, Baltic States, Turkey, Ukraine and the Russian Federation.
Working closely with the EU General Manager you will be responsible for the management of a select number of distributors who exclusively supply Wahoo to authorised retailers in their territory.
A natural communicator with a passion for people, the ideal candidate will be an organised self-starter and be able to apply strong account/relationship management skills, build brand awareness, grow revenues towards achieving company goals and work collaboratively with our UK/EU team based in our central London offices. Regular travel forms a large part of this key role and is required throughout Europe with an annual visit to our headquarters based in Atlanta, USA.
The EU Distributor Manager will report directly to Wahoo’s EU General Manager located in London.
You will effectively manage our distributors to ensure they are aligned to Wahoo’s brand values and share our aspirations to continue our strong growth and increasing market share to become the #1 smart fitness brand. You will also constantly review our distributors to ensure we are working with the right partners to achieve our ambitions.
- Plan, manage and execute Wahoo’s EU sales initiatives closely aligned with our company goals to reach and surpass our targets for revenue & profitability.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the smart fitness-tech market and use this knowledge to work with distributors to develop clear long-term growth plans.
- Set clear annual objectives with our distribution partners, ensuring they are internally aligned with the right level of support across sales and marketing channels.
- Agree targets with customers, tracking regularly and holding owners to account, and putting in place any corrective actions.
- Collaborate with the Wahoo marketing team and the distribution partner to plan, organise and execute multiple product launches each year within your designated territories.
- Assess the ability of distributors to successfully deliver sales plans and marketing initiatives, and benchmark against alternatives to ensure they are performing to our expectations and are consistently ‘on-side’.
- Work closely with Wahoo’s distributors to ensure their dealer network upholds the premium brand values and reputation of Wahoo.
- Hold regular, informative and engaging meetings with business owners and sales/training seminars with their teams.
- Liaise with the Wahoo logistics and sales support teams in Atlanta, and when necessary work with them to ensure orders are processed in a timely fashion.
- Support the finance team in Atlanta ensuring accounts are current and within terms and when necessary helping effect payment.
- Work with the Wahoo EU General Manager and EU Marketing Manager to support channel marketing activities, merchandising strategy and execution, and ongoing relationship maintenance.
- Ideally located with excellent access to London’s main airports and an easy commute to our central London offices.
- Fluent in English with other European languages desirable.
- Travel throughout the territory will be required approximately 60% of the time with regular nights away and occasional participation at weekends for international events, shows and product launches.
- 5+ years’ experience in sales and key account management, ideally within the sports and/or tech industries.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a ‘can do’ attitude and desire to roll up the sleeves when necessary to get the job done.
- Strong ambition to work in a start-up culture.
- A genuinely organised self-starter who can operate effectively on their own and as part of a team.
- Strong interest in, and knowledge of the cycling & fitness arena. The ideal candidate has a keen and active interest in cycling, running, multi-sports and is sufficiently capable to participate in group activities with distributors/dealers when required.
- Strong interest in, and knowledge of, consumer electronics. Ideal candidate is comfortable conversing on key topics such as smartphone technology, Apps, Bluetooth, ANT+ and Wi-Fi wireless standards.
To apply for this role please send your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.