Website Laka Ltd
Started in 2017, Laka set out to transform bicycle insurance by connecting passionate cyclists all over the UK to form a community and protect their bikes. A better model for insurance was born. For once people come first in insurance by fairly sharing the cost amongst each other.
Laka makes sure everything runs smoothly for the community: from exceptionally fast claims, to splitting the cost fairly, guaranteeing a maximum price and all the other heavy lifting of a regulated insurance business. For that service, the community pays Laka a fee relative to the claims in a month.
For cyclists it’s a simple calculation:
- Take care of your gear as a community, and reap the rewards of lower cost
- Laka focuses on getting you back on your bike because that’s how we get paid
It’s a win-win all around!
We have grown 10x in 2019, receiving almost exclusively 5-star reviews by our members and we are backed by some of the most incredible investors on the planet. Besides our core bicycle insurance product, we have launched the Laka Club, challenging existing cycling memberships with a free offering for UK cyclists.
The cycling community is at the core of everything we do and we have industry-shifting plans to establish a far bigger footprint for Laka than just insurance, and help over 50m passionate cyclists in Europe and beyond.
We are looking for an experienced finance professional to join our growing team. This role will require good knowledge of accounting, ability to work in a fast paced environment and communicate across teams. As we are building the business, the finance team will grow quickly and this role comes with a lot of responsibility and career progression opportunities.
As the Finance Manager / Financial Controller, you will own:
- Financial Accounts: While you will be supported by an external accountancy firm, you will own the financial accounts end-to-end: Reconciliations, accounts payables, payroll, fixed assets and expenses.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Develop budgets and financial forecasts for us and produce reports for the management team and board.
- Governance and Reporting: Own the reporting process to tax and regulatory authorities on the financial side and always keep an eye on financial governance in the company including liaising with auditors and tax advisors
To succeed in this role you will need to:
- Be a fully qualified accountant (duh!)
- Understand end-to-end finance and accounting process in a tech-driven and consumer facing business
- Love solving complex problems and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Be exceptionally diligent and detail-oriented while knowing when something is “good enough”
- Have accounting experience in financial services and/or large scale consumer facing businesses
- Use tools such as Xero, Receipt Bank and others to make accounting run seamlessly across the organisation
Before you apply, please make sure that you have the permission to work in the UK (unfortunately we will not be able to provide Visa sponsorship for this role).
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Bike friendly office in central London
- Enjoy free weekly team lunches, a fridge filled with healthy snacks and free coffee from our own machine
- Work from home, our office in central London or go to the gym during the day – it’s up to you how you plan your time as long as the work gets done
- Grow and skill-up with a personal growth budget tailored to your needs
- Take the time off you need, we ask you to take at least 25 days holidays + bank holidays to clear your mind
- Get free Laka credit every month to insure your bikes
- Stay healthy and join our company private health insurance scheme
- Plan for the future with our workplace pension scheme
- Get your next bike with our cycle-to-work scheme
- Kit yourself out with our cycling industry discounts
- Get top notch Apple equipment to get work done
- Join our bi-monthly book club with access to free books
- Have a voice in our regular team off-sites to collectively shape the future of Laka
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.