Website Strype Street Cycles
Strype Street Cycles “SSC” – we are a road race and triathlon focussed boutique store in the heart of Spitalfields.
Carrying some of the most prestigious brands on the market (Argon18, BMC, Cannondale, Cervelo, Colnago, Look, Orbea and Ridley) we focus on offering custom and semi-custom bikes that are unique, fit for purpose and built with a high attention to detail.
Everything we do begins with bike fitting, encompassing motion capture and pedal stroke analysis along with saddle pressure mapping and CDA analysis.
The Role and You
The role will be multi faceted. Most of your day will be spent advising customers – helping them with their bike and other purchases as well as dealing with service issues. As bike fitting is at the core of everything we do, you will need to understand that process and ideally have an interest in training to be a bike fitter.
There may also be an element of purchasing and returns handling in the role and occasionally you may be called upon to lead a shop ride or help with marketing events outside of the store.
We are open to all types of applicants. Perhaps you have a long track record in bicycle retail and fancy a change, or have no experience but a passion for cycling. You should be willing to learn and adopt our ways of working, have a high attention to detail, and a problem solving approach (but still know when to ask for help).
Most of all we’re looking for a positive, engaging individual that will seamlessly fit in with the rest of the team.
Experience and attributes we’re looking for include:
- 1+ year’s experience selling high end bikes and custom builds (desirable)
- Good knowledge of cycling kit and accessories
- Ideally a regular road cyclist or triathlete, with a passion for bikes
- Enjoy selling complex products
- Computer literate including experience with retail POS systems, Google Apps and Excel
- Experience of photo or video editing/graphic design a bonus
- Great people person with a can-do attitude and friendly, approachable demeanor
The position is for a sales person on a full time and permanent basis and provides:
- Generous salary, bonus structure and staff purchase scheme including GCI
- Regular supply of donuts and good coffee
- Location in bustling East London near Spitalfields Market
Please apply with your updated CV, cover letter telling us why you think you would be a good fit and salary expectations to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 28th May 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.