Website Birdie Bikes Ltd
Birdie Bikes are currently looking for a Full Time Cycle Mechanic/Sales Assistant to join our loyal and dedicated team.
We are a long-established cycle shop located in Hampton within the Richmond Borough, catering for families, commuters, and enthusiasts.
Open 7 days a week, the shop is always busy offering advice and assistance to our cycling community. Focusing on cycle sales, servicing, and repairs, we cater for every cycling need and are proud to be stockists of brands such as Giant, Liv, Brompton, Frog and more.
Excited to be part of the cycling revolution here in the UK, we are focused on doing our part to ensure this growth, in the knowledge that ‘Our’ customers are doing so with the right products as a result of the right advice and best customer service.
Outstanding customer service and teamwork are the key drivers to our winning formula, along with a passion for cycling. With a loyal and dedicated team providing a great work ethic, between us we always get the job done to the highest of standards. Staff rides, weekend beers and Deliveroo lunches are just some of our favoured ways to kick back.
As part of the team, you will be expected to offer outstanding customer service at all times. In addition to this, the role will include:
- Both mechanical and sales assistant duties
- Servicing and repairing bicycles.
- Building and preparing new bicycles for stock and customers
- Selling new and used cycles, accessories, clothing, and spare parts.
- Offering advice and expertise on all products and services we provide as well as cycling in general.
- Dealing with customer enquiries
- Updating customers on their repair and/or sales status
- Stock management in both the workshop and showroom
- Unpacking deliveries along with merchandising in the showroom
- General duties to ensure the clean, tidy and operational status of the shop.
Key to our success is down to the outstanding customer experience we provide and more importantly down to those who deliver it, which is why it is vital we have the right members in our team. We are looking for someone who possesses the following attributes:
- Can deliver exceptional customer service at all times, with the willingness to go above and beyond for our customers.
- Are a team player focused on ‘We’ not ‘I’
- Can work efficiently and are well organised, even when working under pressure (during busy periods
- Will not shy away from hard work or overtime and is willing to keep going until the job is done.
- A passion for cycling
- Punctual, loyal, and dedicated
- Has a willingness to learn and develop their current skills.
We believe that experience can on occasions teach us more than completing a course or two, which is why cycling related qualifications and certificates are not essential to qualify for this role. Experience and knowledge in the following areas is preferred but not essential:
- Cycle industry knowledge/experience
- Cycle mechanics/workshop experience
- Cycle sales/retail experience
- Full driving licence desirable but not essential
If you believe you do not possess all the experience and knowledge necessary for this position but feel you would still be great for this role, we would still love to hear from you, as we are willing to provide the right candidate with the time and training to ensure they are suitable to succeed in this role.
As more or less all retail requires, you will be required to work Saturdays. In addition to this you will be required to work one Sunday a month and one Bank Holiday a year.
In return we believe that we offer a fun, dynamic and evolving workplace with the following benefits:
- Salary £15350,00 to £21000,00 based on experience.
- Company pension scheme
- 28 days annual leave (inc Bank Holidays)
- Generous staff discounts
If you are looking for a new challenge, dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service and interested in joining our team, then please send your CV along with covering letter to Adam Phipps, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.