Website Biketreks Ltd
We are looking for a full-time time served mechanic to work in our busy Ings store based in the Lake District. Our award-winning store specialises in the building and maintenance of electric, gravel and custom mountain bikes. We deal with bike brands such as Specialized, Santa Cruz, Orbea, Open, Orange, Forbidden, Hope, Revel, and Mason.
Within our service centre we carry out service work on products from SRAM, Shimano, Campag, Fox, Rockshox, MRP, Ohlins, Chris King, Hope, PUSH, EXT, Bosch, Brose, E bike Motion, Shimano STEPS, and ENVE to name but a few.
We are open 7 days a week and have an incredibly busy summer as we are in the Lakes. The successful applicant will need to work at least one weekend day. Time off during the busy summer months is restricted due to the nature of our location and business.
- Build and pdi new bikes to an exceptional standard within a realistic time frame.
- Carry out regular maintenance work on a plethora of bikes from tandems to trailers, E bikes to custom Santa Cruz’s.
- Diagnose issues with clients’ bikes in a timely, profitable, and professional manner
- Carry out service work on all parts of a bike from forks to shocks, electronic drivetrain to hubs.
- Have the ability to build and maintain custom wheelsets.
- Carry out warranty work and complete the associated paperwork.
- Ensure exceptional levels of customer service are maintained within the service centre.
- Answering the phone and dealing with workshop enquiries in a polite manner.
- Responding to daily emails with professionalism ensuring all enquiries are answered in a timely manner.
- Managing the workshop module and point-of-sale process which uses cloud-based software.
- Ensure the service centre and all the areas within it are kept clean, tidy and safe at all times.
- Keep up to date with what is happening in the marketplace and assist in how we can react to it if necessary.
- Agree to and abide by our companies’ procedures and policies.
- Attend any training that is necessary which will involve travel both within the UK and on occasion abroad.
- Proven workshop experience – we are looking for someone to hit the ground running.
- An understanding of how a busy workshop can function efficiently.
- Able to use computer-based software such as MS office and Google Drive.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Presentable with excellent time keeping skills (uniform is provided).
- Friendly, confident, and engaging with an enquiring personality.
- We try to keep our mechanics in the service centre rather than getting them involved with the shop floor so sales knowledge doesn’t need to be at the forefront of the skill set.
If you think you’d like to take on this role then please get in touch for any more info or send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org For anyone looking to relocate to the area we do have a 2 bedroom top floor flat available on site that can be provided short or long term.
Salary: Dependent on Experience
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.