Website Saddle Skedaddle
Life’s too short not to bike ride! Do you fancy pedallin’ towards an exciting new career opportunity in 2020?
If so, Saddle Skedaddle, the UK’s leading independent cycling holiday specialist are looking for an exceptional Head of Operations to expertly lead and guide the operational delivery and growth of Saddle Skedaddle holidays.
At Skedaddle we’re a little bit cheeky yet professional and we like to have fun. We have a desire to be the best-loved cycling holiday company in the world and inspire as many people as we can to travel by bike and share their experiences.
The Head of Operations role is vital to the growth and development of our business. Your main focus will be to ensure our team consistently meet the exceptional customer service standards we’re proud of, through effective communication, leadership and team work which will also include meeting and building relationships with team members, partners and suppliers in the UK, Italy and Spain.
You’ll be a positive influence, highly self-motivated and achievement orientated, finding the right balance between planning for future growth and delivering current business needs.
In addition to a passion for cycling and you will also need to have the following experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a senior management role in a travel company
- Be degree educated
- Ideally worked in larger corporate & SME environments
- Experience of growing SME’s in the service sector
- Previous experience of managing multi-site locations
You will need to have the following skills:
- Ability to take initiative, implement plans, prioritise and deliver against demanding goals
- A good team worker with good social and people handling skills, a mature outlook with the ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Ability to generate and share great ideas and the drive and organisational skills to implement them effectively
- The skill and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Awareness of the importance of commercial realities with a flexible, proactive approach with a professional manner
- Commitment to Skedaddle’s overall mission, aims and objectives
- A capacity for analysis and interpretation of data and information
Personal Qualities and Values
- Fun, enthusiastic and energetic with a friendly attitude
- ‘Can do’ and professional
- Caring and Passionate – with a want to make a difference
- Accountable and Commercially aware
- Action orientated
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Supporting the operational delivery of a consistent customer experience for all Saddle Skedaddle holidays
- Ensuring the efficient and safe operation of all Skedaddle holidays
- The development and management of H&S policy, systems and implementation
- The effective management of central resources for all holidays
- Developing policy and practice for recruitment and management of Skedaddle guides
- Design, develop and implement best practice operation for Skedaddle & Destination companies
- The overall Management of Partner and Supplier policy and management
When you become a part of the team here at Saddle Skedaddle you will enjoy:
- A salary of £35,000 – £40,000 (depending on skills and experience)
- 31 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- 3% Contributory Pension Scheme
Closing date for this vacancy is Monday 27th January 2020.
Best of luck!
How to apply:
Email address for applications is firstname.lastname@example.org
Web address for applications is https://www.seao.co.uk/saddle-skedaddle-careers/
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.