Vacancy: Head of Sales
The Head of Sales role is accountable for leading the distribution field and head office sales team, ensuring the overall business sales and contribution plan is met.
Responsibilities include developing strong relationships with our key customers, developing territory sales strategies, brand sales strategies, implementing winning brand and promotional campaigns and ensuring we are represented at retail in a professional and high impact way.
This role will also identify opportunities to deliver increased retail sell through, drive market share and ensure Hotlines Europe Ltd brands meet the financial objectives.
A key leadership role within the distribution business the Head of Sales will be expected to develop leadership strategies, effectively communicate with the senior team and be the face of our brands with our retail partners.
Hotlines is the distribution business owned by Wiggle CRC. We manage over 30 bike and accessory brands and supply all of the key retailers in the UK and some foreign territories. Hotlines offers our brands a full service which includes sales, logistics, warranty and brand development / marketing. In addition to our 3rd party brand partners we also distribute the Wiggle CRC house brands to the wider market.
- Develop the field Sales Strategy – Ensuring a territory sales strategy developed utilising an effective customer database and ensuring it meets the financial targets required
- Brand Sales Strategy – Ensuring a clear plan for each brand is in place to meet the brand sales targets, door opening targets and sell in plans.
- Team Development – The Head of Sales will ensure each member of the sales team has clear objectives, goals and will have the necessary skills training and support in place to be effective within role.
- Manage the Key Accounts and Head Office Sales Team – ensure call plans in place, prospecting strategies and regular reviews with our largest accounts (house accounts). The Head of Sales will be instrumental in the development of the house accounts and ensure effective relationships in place with the retailer senior management team.
- Utilise all systems and processes to ensure sales are processed in an efficient and timely manner. This will include developing the B2B system and ensuring an effecting CRM system in Place.
- Brand Contact – The Head of Sales will be a key contact for our brands to ensure the sales team are fully up to date with brand strategies and development.
- Meeting sell in targets
- Ensure margin targets achieved
- Ensuring strategies in place for new product and brand launches
- Managing brand mix to ensure they are within sales guidelines
- Strategies in place for house / national accounts
- Ensure Account Business Plan in place and delivery progress communicated
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Have experience working in a high performing sales culture.
- Experience in developing and delivering retail account business plans.
- A passion for the products and brands that Hotlines Europe represents.
- Can work under pressure and against demanding sales targets and objectives.
- Experience managing field sales team and head office account managers.
- Experienced in coaching and developing sales teams.
- Ideally 10 years bike industry experience.
- A self-motivated and driven individual.
- Commercial astute with an entrepreneurial flair.
- First class communicator with excellent presentation skills.
- Advanced negotiation skills.
- Highly organised with strategic account management experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.