Website The Bike Project
Title: Head Shop mechanic / Shop Mechanic (2 vacancies)
Job Location: 313 Railton Road, Herne Hill, London, SE24 0JN
Salary: Up to 25k – 27k depending on experience. 37.5 hours per week, 5days per week (Mon – Sun). Start date is 1st April 2020
Job Description: The Bike Project is a fun, interesting and supportive place. This is an exciting opportunity for two experienced bike shop mechanics with proven technical skills to join our growing technical team with the aim to head up bike servicing and repairs and to help manage and oversee the day-to-day operations at our new shop location.
We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, and those who have personal experience of being a refugee. The Bike Project is a Living Wage accredited employer.
The successful applicant will need to be able to demonstrate the following;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a commercial bike repairs shop, or an equivalent setting, with an expectation to complete 3 complete bike services in a 7.5hr shift.
- Can demonstrate high levels of retail customer service and can create own upselling opportunities.
- Ability to manage own workload and meet the expectations of a target driven workplace.
- A recognized cycle maintenance and repair Level 2 Qualification, such as City and Guilds, Cytech, or equivalent. Unqualified mechanics with extensive workshop experience and a proven track record may also be considered.
- Experience of Microsoft Office is beneficial and experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce highly desirable, in addition to web or cloud based platforms.
- Ability to problem solve without supervision.
- Experience in managing and training other junior mechanics and/or volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal awareness and communication skills with the ability to listen and understand the needs of others.
- Ability to conduct all duties in a manner that is non-judgmental and respects differences.
- Shares The Bike Project’s values and ethos, and committed to The Bike Project’s vision.
How to apply: Please submit your application of CV which must be accompanied by a covering letter that addresses the person specification (no longer than one page in length) by email to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is midnight on Wednesday 11th March. Interviews will be held on 16th and 17th March at 223-224 Edward Pl, Deptford, London SE8 5HD. The process will involve a technical assessment. Please allow up to 3hrs.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.