Silverfish have been supplying performance driven products to the best bike shops in the UK since 1999 and we are fortunate to be partnered with many of the best brands in the industry such as Fox, Race Face, Easton, Yeti Cycles, Mondraker, 100%, SDG, Marzocchi, Michelin, Knog and more! We are a family owned business with over 50 employees split between our two sites in Saltash, Cornwall, and Risca, South Wales. We are a team of committed biking enthusiasts with a relaxed family vibe yet pride ourselves on our range of high-quality products and the quality of service we offer our customers.
We are looking for an Internal Sales representative to join us in our office in sunny (not guaranteed) Saltash, Cornwall.
If you have a passion for all things cycling, whether it’s Mountain Biking, Gravel Biking or Road Cycling, and you are excited to stay up to date with the latest and greatest industry trends and products releases, then you may be the ideal candidate for this role.
With market leading brands, we strive to deliver first-class service and product knowledge to our customers and in this role you will be the voice of the company by covering all aspects of sales and support to our extensive and awesome dealer network. You will be responsible for taking and processing sales orders, sales office administration, making sales calls and generally sharing the love about our brands in and around the UK and Eire.
It is essential you know, for example, the difference between your BB Shells and Fork Offsets because our products are highly technical and our customers frequently seek our support via the phone, email and LiveChat. Taking pride in your work and having the enthusiasm, dedication and knowledge to provide the most accurate and expert answers is what should drive you to enhance our customers experience.
While it’s not all inbound chat about bike nerdery and all the gear that comes with it, you’ll also need to be organised, focused and result oriented. You will be regularly making outbound sales calls to our stockists and seeking every opportunity to maximise sales with your charm and selling skills to support target driven campaigns and our customers’ needs.
The role is fast paced with plenty of variety, so managing your time well to ensure tasks are dealt with in a timely manner and with professionalism will be key. Being a team player yet having the ability to work independently will be essential. We want a positive, friendly and ‘can do’ kind of person to join us, so if you think you have got all this then we definitely want to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities
The specific duties of this post will include, though not be limited to:
- Ensuring our IBDs are supported and get a first-class service when they contact the Silverfish Office.
- Take and process telephone orders whilst maximising opportunities to upsell and add value wherever possible.
- Make regular telephone contact with our dealer base to sell targeted product lines / special deals – increase dealer turnover.
- Work with the Internal Sales Manager to develop and implement sales initiatives.
- Work closely with our area sales reps and ensure key information is provided and any sales leads are followed up effectively.
- Contribute to website content to ensure dealers have all the information they require at their fingertips.
- Manage customer accounts and ensure backorders are processed in a timely and effective manner.
- Undertake any sales administration required to ensure the smooth running of the Silverfish sales office.
- Ensure dealers are kept abreast of key information regarding product availability or potential delays.
- Undertake annual dealer calls as required to ensure our records are kept up to date and customers are offered accurate information.
- Attend trade shows as and when required to ensure Silverfish brands and products are well represented.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in the bike industry, particularly sales focussed experience.
- A sound understanding of the UK bike industry and, in particular, an understanding of independent bike dealers.
- A keen interest in bikes and an ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of our brands and products.
- Sound knowledge of bike parts and a well-developed grasp of technical issues relating to bike components.
- Experience of selling and generating sales over the telephone.
- Highly organised and a self-starter with a proven ability to multitask, use your own initiative to solve problems.
- A team player with the ability to work well with others as well as being able to work independently.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail is critical.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and, preferably, inventory management systems.
£18k – £20k plus Commission Scheme, dependent on experience.
We have a generous staff discount scheme in place too, so it won’t be long until you are kitted out in all the latest gear.
Monday – Thursday 9-5:30, Friday 9-2:30 (a nice early finish so you can hit the roads/trails early ready for the weekend)
No weekends, apart from the occasional show or event attendance where applicable.
If you like what you have read, and want to join a bunch of like-minded people in the Silverfish team, then please apply enclosing a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Sarah.Laing@silverfish-uk.com
To apply for this job email your details to Sarah.Laing@silverfish-uk.com.