Website Ison Distribution
Position: Internal Sales/Customer Service Advisor
Contract Term: 6 months temporary contact (may lead to full time contract)
Location: Ely, Cambridge
Hours: 08:30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday
Remuneration: £19-24k (depending on experience) with 28 days annual leave
Ison Distribution is a small, independent family-owned bicycle parts and accessories distributor based in Ely, Cambridge steeped in history and heritage going back over 125 years.
We are proud of our position within the bicycle distributor sector and strive to offer the best possible customer service across all our brands and the various omnichannel approaches we offer.
The role of Internal Sales and Customer Service advisor is based at our Ely office and warehouse in Cambridge. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a small, friendly company within a growing industry. Ison Distribution is one of the UK’s leading bicycle industry distributors.
From simple bolts & bearings right through to complete E-Cargo bikes, we offer a product range of over 11,000 items from World-class leading brands. Our customers are our business, and we pride ourselves on the service we offer to them.
The focus of this Ely office-based role is handling incoming customer calls, making regular outgoing sales calls to a selected customer base, processing sales orders and providing information on our product range, as well as supporting our external field sales team. The ideal candidate should have experience of working in a customer servicing role, either face to face or over the telephone, excellent retainment of information, a basic or good knowledge of bicycle products, and an interest in cycling. Although not critical as relevant training will be provided.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Servicing our customers as the first point of contact when they contact Ison via telephone or email.
- Checking and processing online website orders.
- Advising customers on their requirements and processing orders – usually over the telephone directly onto our main computer system, as well informing customers about unique offers, promotions and new exciting products that could be of interest to them.
- Processing customer payments.
- Running ‘backorder’ reports, allocating stock and contacting customers with details for items they have previously placed on backorder that have recently arrived back into stock.
- Working with the Sales Manager to help develop all types of sales.
- Meet sales goals and sales targets as agreed with the Sales Manager. This may involve such things as new stock promotions, unique offers, market research etc which will include outbound customer calls.
- Build effective relationships with dealers by supporting regular pro-active contact, updating them with details on new products, product availability and resolving any issues.
- Consult with the warehouse team when necessary to help accuracy on any customer order changes/queries when necessary.
- Aid with all aspects of sales office administration, including our computer system, CRM system, notification of website updates etc., and anything that eases general office efficiency.
- Be able to attend trade shows as and when necessary
As this role is office-based, the ideal candidate would be located close to Ely, CB6.
If you would like to become part of the Ison family, please apply in writing with a covering letter and full CV to kathryn.Knight@ashtonshrconsulting.co.uk
Please, no recruitment agencies.
To apply for this job email your details to kathryn.Knight@ashtonshrconsulting.co.uk.