Website Yellow Jersey Bicycle Insurance
Title: Junior Bicycle Insurance Claims Assistant
Job Location: Redhill, Surrey
Salary: £18,000 – £20,000 Depending on Experience
How to apply: Send CV to HR@theplangroup.co.uk
The role is to assist our claims team when handling insurance claims from customers across both of our brands – Yellow Jersey and Pedal Cover. It will involve taking calls from customers before, during and after submitting claims via our on-line portal, as well as maintaining internal and external databases. This position will lead to a full time claims handler role as experience develops, reviewing all necessary documentation provided, to then replace the bike or parts via our extensive trade and partner network.
A secondary aspect of the role will involve stripping bikes to sell salvaged parts, as well as building up new bikes to ship to customers, complete with a pre-delivery inspection (PDI). This is varied role; the candidate must be comfortable wearing many hats and keen to get stuck in.
We’re looking for more great characters to bolster our growing team; someone who enjoys talking to people, who takes pride in their work, who takes initiative, who love bikes and wants to stay in the bike industry (perhaps just not in a workshop forever) with a solid career prospects ahead of them.
Experience & Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of bicycle parts, brands and the cycle industry
- 2+ years working in a cycling workshop, Cytech qualification (or similar) preferred
- Self-motivated, driven and reliable
- An ability to remain calm, confident and focused while handing high numbers of tasks
- A passion for helping other people who are distressed or anxious
- Be able to reassure others and display high levels of empathy
- Numerate with experience in MS Office/Google sheets
- Able to understand and process information quickly
- Process sales orders and reconcile receipts and invoices
- Literate with the ability to tailor communication suitable for the appropriate audience
- High levels of attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Claims Specialists and Claims Lead in processing and handling cycling insurance claims
- Strip bikes for salvaged parts, maintaining accurate inventory
- Build up new bikes, performing pre-delivery inspection (PDI) – hands-on bike time is likely 20% of role
- Assist with sale of salvage items
- Maintain claim file records on Claims Underwriting Exchange (CUE)
- Maintain accurate records and computer files
- Answer incoming calls, emails and social media enquiries, dealing with these through to a successful outcome
- Provide an efficient and effective service to customers, understanding their needs and requirements and working to exceed these wherever possible
- Assist in processing claims efficiently and fairly in a manner that supports the customer and reflects the company’s brand values
- Build durable relationships with colleagues, clients and third party suppliers
- Report on the status of your tasks regularly and update team members with the status of claims, quotes, renewals, accounting issues and potential fraud and raise within the appropriate channels
- Keep administrative tasks up to date within the agreed service levels
- Carry out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by your manager
- Be fully aware of cost-effective measures at all times and contribute ideas for further improvements.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@theplangroup.co.uk.