Website Lyon Equipment Limited
Lyon Equipment Limited is an employee owned company. Our aim is to provide ‘equipment and expertise to venture further’ to the cycle, outdoor, work at height and rescue industries.
In the cycle industry we are best known as the U.K. and Irish distributor for Ortlieb luggage, Salsa & Bombtrack bicycles, Tubus racks and Teravail Tyres. However, our extensive portfolio also includes quality outdoor accessory brands making us a one stop shop for adventure cycling. Whilst we stock products that cater for every cyclist from commuters to enduro racers, our primary focus is the more adventurous side of cycling, whether it be self-supported endurance events, bikepacking, cycle touring or gravel racing.
The role of Marketing Coordinator is to help increase the exposure of all brands within the Lyon Cycle portfolio to both the consumer and trade through various marketing channels. Working closely with brand management to help achieve sales targets by promoting sell-through, this is a multifaceted role covering B2B & B2C marketing, PR and trade events. The successful candidate will also coordinate and help to maintain Lyon Cycle’s demo product, including demo bikes.
We are looking for an outgoing and motivated person with a professional outlook and a creative marketing flair to help drive our cycle business.
The job requires someone who is equally comfortable being customer facing as well as working autonomously carrying out day to day administrative marketing functions.
Whilst this role is predominantly office based, some travel and work away from home will be required.
The Job Will Involve
- Working closely with brand management to create and execute marketing plans for all brands within Lyon’s cycle portfolio
- Increasing the exposure of Lyon Equipment within the trade through traditional advertising and editorial coverage
- Liaison with media partners to ensure maximum editorial coverage of our portfolio
- Planning, coordination and attendance of industry events
- Collaborative marketing with Lyon Cycle retail customers and industry partners
- Creating regular, targeted email campaigns to Lyon Cycle retail customers with curated, engaging content
- Coordination of sponsored athletes and brand ambassadors
- Content creation, both independently and through liaison with colleagues or creative agencies
- Running targeted social media campaigns for both Lyon Cycle and the brands within its portfolio
- Enabling product highlights on our B2B platform to promote product sell-in and ensuring accuracy of product information
- Participation at regular sales meetings at Head Office and occasional supplier visits
- Working alongside brand management to devise creative in-store POS solutions
- Coordination and maintenance of Lyon Cycle’s demo products
The Person We Seek Will Meet The Following Criteria
- Have relevant professional marketing experience
- Have a genuine passion for cycling and a technical understanding of our product portfolio
- Be self-motivated, able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Have a confident and outgoing manner with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written communication skills and IT skillset
- Enjoy learning and development
- Be comfortable working on bicycles
- Hold a current full car driving licence (preferably clean) and a current passport
The following qualities would be desirable but are not essential:
- Be educated to degree level
- Have a strong personal interest in the “adventure” segment of the industry
- Operational knowledge of creative suites
- Have a basic understanding of photography and videography
- Cytech qualifed
Hours Of Work
This is a full time position which on average equates to 37.5 hours a week. We would expect the majority of work to be carried out between Monday and Friday, however this position will require occasional overnight stays and some weekend working.
The Benefits Include
- Commencing salary likely to be in the region of £22,000 – £25,000
- 30 days holiday entitlement per annum (pro rata) including public holidays with loyalty increments
- A company bicycle (on a loan basis)
- A holiday purchase scheme
- Generous staff discount (for personal use only) on the products we supply
- Free use of Company loan kit when available
To Apply For This Position
Please download an application form from our website or call Brenda Thexton on: 015396 24040
Please submit your completed Lyon application form (you may wish to include your CV in support of your application) to:
Debra Robinson – HR Manager Lyon Equipment Limited
Unit 3 – 7 Tebay Business Park Old Tebay
Penrith CA10 3SS
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Friday 12th April.
Interviews are expected to take place 23rd & 24th April.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.