Website The Hackney Peddler
The Hackney Peddler is an independent bike shop in the heart of East London. We specialise in building bespoke custom bicycles based around classic steel frames, using a mix of modern
and vintage parts and components. We also stock a refined range of refurbished bikes, frames, and parts, as well as the usual mix of parts and accessories you’d expect to find in a bike shop. In addition to this we operate a heavily tooled up workshop and take pride in being able to fix everything brought into us. We’re now looking for an experienced Mechanic/Bike Builder to join the team and prepare our vast stock of classic & new bikes and frames.
Role & Responsibilities
Minimum 2 years experience of working with bikes, specifically steel bikes, and understand the attention to detail that classic and custom bike work requires. You will take pride in your work and share a real passion for classic steel bikes.
Day to day you will be responsible for the preparation of our shop floor sale bikes. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Stripping, cleaning and rebuilding of shop bikes
- Wheel building
- Cleaning and polishing classic frames and parts
- Liaising with the Workshop Manager to ensure stock levels are maintained – Maintaining a tidy and safe working environment and helping ensure others do the same
Any ad hoc tasks as and when required
As well as the above you are able to:
- Motivate yourself to work independently or as part of a team
- Be autonomous and organise your daily workload
- Work well under pressure and keep your cool when things heat up
- Manage your time productively
- Demonstrate a readiness to learn and develop
- Have a sense of urgency and ability to think outside the box occasionally – Cytech preferred but not essential
Salary and benefits
- £21,000 – £24,000 Salary depending on experience
- Additional earnings through the company bonus scheme
- 28 days Paid Holiday
- A Company Pension scheme
- Opportunities to gain industry recognised mechanic qualifications
- Opportunity to grow and develop as the company grows
This is a progressive role and will be ideal for someone wanting to build on what they already know and learn about classic steel bikes along the way.
To apply, please email over your CV to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.