Media and Sponsorship Manager
We are looking for an energetic, proactive and highly organised Media and Sponsorship Manager. You will be working closely with some of the leading bike brands from around the world to promote their products in the UK market.
About the role
This is a broad-based role working within Silverfish’s busy Marketing department. You will be part of the team creating, planning and executing a range of B2B and B2C marketing campaigns and activity, and liaising closely with our international brands to ensure UK activities are fully aligned with global marketing.
Your responsibilities will include building strong relationships with specialist cycling and trade media, developing and implementing advertising campaigns, providing products for review and ensuring our brands are getting great editorial coverage. You will also be managing sponsored riders and brand ambassadors to generate compelling social media content as well working with retail partners to run joint promotions and leverage their social media reach.
The Media and Sponsorship Manager is involved in organising and delivering our attendance at consumer expos and trade shows. You will be collaborating closely with the Sales team and retailers to source and deliver effective merchandising and POS materials.
What we are looking for
If you are an ambitious marketing professional with bike industry experience and, if you have a passion for mountain biking and are looking for a challenging but rewarding role, working closely with some of the most prestigious brands in the business, we would like to hear from you.
Desired skills and experience
- A passion for mountain biking
- Experience of working in the sports, cycling, mountain biking or Moto markets in a marketing role
- Media knowledge; understanding of specialist cycling media and the wider media landscape and trends, experience of media planning and buying, public relations experience – building productive editorial relationships
- Event organisation experience: a practical understanding of what it takes to organise and attend consumer and trade events
- Experience of working with sponsored riders and teams, managing brand ambassadors to deliver effective social media content
- Well organised and self-motivated with excellent planning skills
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Great attention to detail
- An excellent communicator with an ability to build positive long-term relationships both internally and externally
- Numerate and commercially minded: capable of managing budgets and negotiating with suppliers
- Strong written skills and the ability to write compelling marketing copy, press release and news stories
- A team player: someone who works well with others, shares information, supports colleagues, contributes to group discussions and projects
- Flexibility: you’re happy to travel across the UK and further to attend events, visit brands, and occasionally working outside of normal office hours and weekends
- Solid IT skills – strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
What we can offer you
You’ll be working with a team of like-minded biking fans. Our head office is Saltash, Cornwall, just across the River Tamar from Plymouth, and our FOX Service Centre is located in Risca, South Wales. Both are within easy reach of some of the best riding, MTB and road, as well as everything in between. This role can be based in either location or for the right candidate we can offer remote working.
We offer a competitive salary and workplace pension, an early 2.30pm finish on Friday (so you can fit in an extra ride) and you will have access to a generous staff discount scheme.
Silverfish are one of the UK’s leading distributors of premium bikes and accessories, partnering with iconic bike and P&A brands from around the world including; Yeti, FOX, Marzocchi, 100%, Race Face, SDG, Knog, Michelin, Easton, Peaty’s, Skratch Labs and Ride Concepts.
Founded in 1999 with a few cool Canadian bike brands, an expanding roster of desirable brands has meant we have moved location three times and expanded to a team of over fifty. What hasn’t changed is the ethos; our love of riding and the excitement we get from bringing the best bike bits to our customers.
How to apply
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are the right person for this role addressed to Sarah Laing, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.