Website Sonder Bikes
Merchandise Planner, Sonder Bikes
The Merchandiser Planner will report to the Head of Supply Chain working at our Alpkit Campus in Nottingham. Are you passionate about developing strong working relationships with suppliers? Do you relish the idea of negotiating? And love the idea of helping our design team turn ideas into products online and in-store for our customers?
About the Role:
This is an exciting opportunity to execute our Buy and Sales Plans for Sonder bikes. Place orders with suppliers and follow through to make sure deliveries are received on time maintaining a complete and accurate order book, payment schedule and delivery diary.
In this role you will ensure Alpkit’s ethical code of conduct is maintained by our suppliers and that our actions are in line with our sustainability goals.
- place orders for with suppliers around the world, track order status and coordinate the delivery of products into our warehouse including freight and customs clearance;
- operate with our sustainability principles at the core of decision making;
- own bike specifications and execution of the online bike-builder
- monitor sales and stock to ensure we take action to maximise and communicate line and SKU availability;
- update and maintain web merchandising categories and product statuses;
- build and maintain good working relationships with all suppliers;
- work within margin and stock turn budgets set by the head of department; monitor and maintain WSSI;
- co-ordinating actions within open-to-buy, open-to-pay and open-to-ship;
- check invoices against POs to make sure quantities and costs are accurate and cost price changes are agreed and updated. Monitor our On-Time-In-Full performance;
- Maintaining our payment list and issuing payment instructions;
- attending trade fairs, in the UK and overseas, to help the team design, source and manufacture products;
- co-ordinate product/category merchandising on the Alpkit website;
- practice in-line with product launch process working with customer service, warehouse, content and marketing teams to make sure that the on order and stock due is communicated;
- Ensure we range and build an appropriate fleet of demo bikes for our portfolio of stores;
- source supplementary buys for bike build where necessary to maintain availability;
- supporting operational team in delivery of stock accuracy;
- administration of End Use and customs warehousing special customs procedures;
About the Team
The Buying Team is responsible for driving Alpkit growth through the products sold on our site and in stores. This exciting department includes buying products for categories such bikes, tents, clothing and accessories.
At Alpkit, we value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Express yourself, join our community, and help us “Go nice places, do good things.”
In addition to a competitive salary, our benefits include an ability to buy extra holiday, Alpkit discount for you and your family and friends, life insurance, critical illness cover, Cycle to Work scheme, enhanced pension contributions, and paid volunteer days. We are environmentally conscious and sustainability driven, and we promote a learning culture. Read about all our benefits on our career page.
- Team player
- Active learner comfortable with an ambiguous growth environment
- Good understanding of retail mathematics is highly desirable
- Experience of working in a fast paced, growing retail environment beneficial
- Excel competency is critical
- Outdoor enthusiast an advantage but not necessary
How to apply
If you are interested in joining our team email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.