MTB Product Manager
JOB TITLE: MTB Product Manager
REPORTS TO: HEAD OF PRODUCT
LOCATION: HEAD OFFICE, BAMBER BRIDGE, PRESTON. UK
SALARY: DEPENDENT UPON EXPERIENCE
Ribble, the UKs largest and fastest growing direct to consumer bike brand has seen significant growth and development over recent years, and as we look to further drive our brand and diversity of our product offering forward, we are looking for a highly talented and experienced Mountain bike Product Manager to lead this exciting category, bring innovation and develop World class, industry leading products that are aligned to the businesses future growth strategy.
The successful candidate must possess a very high level of creativity and up to date market experience with an accomplished and compelling portfolio across all fields of mountain bike design, development and production. You will need excellent leadership and communication qualities working cross functionally within the business.
DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES
- Project management of the end-to-end delivery of the MTB product proposition
- Carry out detailed mechanical design including:
- 2D critical dimension drawings
- 3D CAD modelling (Desirable)
- Simulation (Finite element Analysis) where appropriate for validation.
- 3D prototyping (using internal and external resources)
- Generate and maintain Bills of Materials.
- Set up a suitable lab and real-world test and validation protocol for new designs and developments.
- Define the mechanical, aesthetic, and ergonomic approach to the product design.
- Throughout your role you will also work closely with:
- The Financial and Commercial teams to ensure that financial targets are met.
- Supply team to plan and forecast as well as completion of the BOM
- Quality Assurance team to generate key testing and inspection protocols aligned with the critical design specification.
- Product Management to ensure they are informed and consulted on the designs as they develop.
- Updates to the Senior Leadership team.
- Suppliers and Manufacturers throughout the development and manufacturing process.
- Minimum 5 years in a leadership role with a relevant design and/or product management position.
- 3D and 2D CAD Modelling (desirable)
- FEA Simulation (desirable)
- Very high level of knowledge and experience in MTB design, production and BOM creation.
- Very high level of up-to-date market knowledge
- Very strong and proven project management skills
- Brilliant interpersonal and communication skills
- Innovative and Creative thinker
Ribble is an established global direct to consumer omni-channel bike brand. Designing, manufacturing and retailing their award winning, world class range of bikes for over 100 years. Ribble offers cyclists a unique level of customisation and personalisation through its Bike Builder and Custom Colour propositions. Whether fully online, through the virtual Ribble Live showroom or one of the market leading brand showrooms, Ribble offers a market leading buying experience supported by a team of experts.
The award-winning range of Ribble bikes is hand assembled with one bike to one mechanic in the beautiful Ribble Valley and then delivered all over the world.
Ribble is going from strength to strength and is in the process of implementing an exciting long term growth strategy that will further position the Ribble brand and business as a market leader in the premium bicycle market.
Interested? Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.