Website South Downs Bikes
About the company
South Downs Bikes is a well-established brand with two stores in the South East. Stocking Specialized, Trek, Whyte, Kinesis and Focus Bikes. Also found in our stores are leading brands such as DMR, Exposure Lights, 100%, Deity, Met, Melon Optics and Hope and our stores acts as a hub for the local community.
We are now on the hunt for a new manager to join our team for our new store opening early 2022.
It is a fast-paced fun environment to work in where an enthusiastic individual will fit right in. You will need a high attention to detail and be proactive in your work ethics.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
About the Role
Do you have a passion for cycling, sales and staff development?
As well as the usual sales and customer experience, you would be expected to own the day-to-day management of your store. The store manager is expected to oversee all aspects of the shop from sales, workshop, and ordering. You will be responsible for delivering strict sales and margin targets in line with all company goals.
This is an ideal opportunity to develop a new stores personality by driving your team to offer the best customer service in West Sussex and cementing your store as the go to store in the area.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a retail management role and a passion for customer service. Mechanical knowledge will be advantageous but not necessary. You will need to be organised and have an analytical approach to any job you undertake.
Up to 28 days holiday per annum including Bank Holidays, plus we will give you your birthday off as an extra.
Generous staff discount after successfully completing your probation period.
Cycle to Work Scheme (Green Commute Initiative) offering tax-free purchases through salary sacrifice.
A share of the monthly store bonus after successfully completing your probation period.
Monthly company socials and rides. A competitive salary based on your experience and ability.
The ability to grow and learn with an ambitious, forward-thinking company.
- Work toward strict margin and sales targets.
- Identify areas for improvement within your store and the company.
- Set and maintain shop floor standards in your store.
- Ensure staff coverage with effective ROTA planning.
- Ensure all payroll is completed in a timely manner.
- Work with Distributors and Brands to ensure correct ranging in store.
- Drive workshop revenue through effective management of staff and time.
- Maintain profit and losses through effective stock management.
- Cash up and complete banking.
- Lead staff training and development.
- Own warranty procedures and identify areas for improvement.
- Adhere to and suggest improvements on company processes and policies.
- Update sales, bike, P+A sales reports for management.
- Ability to ‘Think outside the Box’
A passion for cycling is essential.
At least 2 years of previous sales experience.
Management experience would be preferred.
Immediate start available for the right candidate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.