Website Orro bikes - i-ride.co.uk
Orro Bikes – Assembly Technician
Orro bikes are designed in the heart of Sussex at our dedicated production facility located at the foot of the hallowed Ditchling Beacon. Orro is firmly at the forefront of UK bicycle design and manufacture – working with the industry’s leading technicians and mechanics we have championed tapered headtubes, bolt through axles and disc brakes. We utilise the finest materials available, and when we cannot find one that we deem sufficient, we develop it ourselves.
One of our core values is Quality – so it only seems right that we hand assemble our range-topping bikes here in Sussex and have rigorous control on the quality of each bike leaving us to ensure you have the best riding experience possible. It is in this thriving assembly department that we have an opening for an experienced bike builder.
This is an excellent opportunity to get to work on all the latest equipment from the best manufacturers including Shimano, Campagnolo, SRAM, Fulcrum and many more.
Key job responsibilities include;
- Performing final QC checks on frames and components before assembly. – Raise quality issues found on bikes with the Production Manager.
- Problem solving in collaboration with the Production Manager.
- Perform final assembly and adjustment of bikes prior to delivery.
- Ensure safe operation of equipment, manual handling and follow general Health and Safety guidelines.
- Ensure work areas are maintained and work is carried out to a high standard. – Any other reasonable duties within the scope of the role.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications;
- Good bicycle technical knowledge.
- Experience in bicycle assembly.
- Cytec Level 2 (or equivalent) preferred, but not essential.
- Good knowledge of Shimano and SRAM groupsets (additional training provided). – Strong organisational and time management skills.
Benefits for the successful candidate;
- Competitive salary
- 20 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Permanent position
- Excellent staff discount
- Company pension scheme
- Private health care
To apply for this job email your details to Adam@i-ride.co.uk.