We’re looking for a consumer product PR and communications expert with a passion for cycling to join the EMEA marketing team, reporting to the communications and content team manager for EMEA. The PR and communications manager will lead storytelling and communications for our wide range of cycling products and services. And next to this manage and create a network of contacts within the cycling mobility landscape.
The right person is passionate about placing stories about our products and services line up in consumer and lifestyle spanning print, online and broadcast media. In this role you will not only pitch stories but you will identify and create story opportunities by engaging with different stakeholders across the business who are focused on scaling our business.
You’ll further shape Shimano’s relationship with the media and social networks. You’ll connect with reporters, journalists, bloggers, vloggers, ambassadors, cycling lovers and strategically increase Shimano’s reach and media within and outside the bike industry.
On a personal level you can relate to the following characteristics. You:
- are a storyteller by heart; you emphatically understand how other people think and feel;
- are an agile thinker who can adapt in the moment, in particular when engaging with external media;
- are comfortable with ambiguity and you’re curious and inquisitive by nature;
- are pro-active, flexible and able to work under pressure;
- can build relationships with different functional teams as well as external partners;
- are a team-player but also able to work independently, open-minded and passionate about our mission closer to nature, closer to people.
- You’ll develop a strategic communications roadmap for our global Shimano brand around tech, mobility, sustainability, adventure/travel, sports and health;
- Accountable and acting as lead for key PR & Communications priorities linked to Shimano’s business objectives;
- Work closely with all countries around the globe to drive the full year editorial calendar;
- Have strong connections to the international media channels and have the ability to expand/build on relationships with new channels;
- Coaching and supporting internally managers and executives and externally Shimano’s talented ambassadors/friends to media training;
- Lead global product introductions with our global office in Japan and next to this lead international press releases related to product launches, key initiatives, create stories around cycling mobility to create thought leadership opportunities for Shimano;
- Keeping abreast of positive and negative media coverage and responding appropriately with regular proactive communication or ad-hoc reactive communication where necessary;
- Managing our external PR/Communications agencies, contract negotiation, active management of the contract.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree;
- 3+ years of relevant experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (other languages like German, French, Spanish or Italian are a plus);
- Digital and social media native;
- Ability to travel globally as necessary.
What do we have to offer?
Shimano and its subsidiaries offer a pleasant, informal working environment with colleagues who work well together, and are proud to work for Shimano. Next to good working conditions, Shimano offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging position within a dynamic, international and ambitious environment. Together we want to win therefore we have a strong focus on team achievement.
To apply for this job please visit shimano.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.