Website Pashley Cycles
PRODUCT DESIGNER – CAD
This is an exciting opportunity to join a unique and growing business. Pashley Cycles was founded in 1926 and is the last of the historic cycle manufacturers still producing in the UK. Its main products are beautiful consumer bikes, high-quality hire bikes for ‘Mobility as a Service’ solutions, and last-mile cargo bikes.
It has a strong order book and is busy investing in the next generation of products for the dynamic markets it serves. It is looking for someone to be part of the development team that takes Pashley into the future, delivering environmentally friendly, congestion reducing, well-being enhancing, accessible transport solutions.
- Proficient in CAD, preferably Solidworks
- BTEC / NVQ / HNC / HND / Degree (BEng/BSc) qualified in a Product Design or appropriate Engineering discipline, with previous industrial experience.
- Knowledge or experience of light metal tube fabrication, sheet metal fabrication, plastic forming (injection moulding, vacuum forming etc.) and electro-mechanical equipment
- Hands on approach to design with some workshop skill to aid in the manufacture of mock-ups, models, prototypes, etc.
- Competency in Adobe software – InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent time management and organised approach to tasks.
- Good communication skills and ability to work within a team or alone.
- A practical understanding of bicycle and component design
- Knowledge of FEA would be useful
- Some exposure to 3D printing
Role will involve:
- Design and development of cycles, components and accessories.
- Supporting the Senior Product Designer and Production Team.
- Creating and updating 2D/3D drawings for manufacture.
- Ensuring relevant information / modifications / technical data is entered onto the MRP system.
- Creating and updating technical manuals, assembly instructions and other similar support material.
- To suggest product concepts & design improvements which may enhance the business.
- Generate visual concepts and print-ready artwork in support of sales or marketing activities.
Undertake duties as and when necessary in order to meet the varying demands of the business.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Relevant product design in a manufacturing environment
To apply for this job email your details to Stevenbell@pashley.co.uk.